• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apocalypse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apocalypse

Doom x 10

Sh*t this sounds bad.
    I'm alright Jack

It's ok, it's in the Daily Express, it can't be true.

They'll be back to finding Diana's killer tomorrow.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Doom x 10

Sh*t this sounds bad.
      Does it?

Personally I think rates should rise and I am looking at getting a mortgage in the next month or so. Cheap money will just make the bubble bigger and it can't go on for ever. Lots of pain now or monumental amounts of pain in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Does it?

Personally I think rates should rise and I am looking at getting a mortgage in the next month or so. Cheap money will just make the bubble bigger and it can't go on for ever. Lots of pain now or monumental amounts of pain in a few years.
        I agree. Too many peasants have pawned their future to live the dream of fast cars and big houses. I've got a mate (married with kids) who bought himself a sports car out of a re-mortgage on his house - and is now skint 'cos of the recent rate rises.

Trouble is, if he sells the car now, he's still gonna be making payments on the bulk of it for the next 25 years.

Tought t1tty I say.
        If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

I think the article is cashing in on the gloom generated by last night's Recession x3 programme.

Muppets borrowing to fund their lifestyle that they can't ever hope to pay off, all because they subscribe to the Heat mentality of celebrity wannabes.

It had some quite valid points though, such as the changes to higher education funding, where the students are way in debt before they even finish the course. Glad they still had some level of student grants (which barely covered my accommodation expenses but better than nowt) when I was there. It was bad enough trying to pay off the couple of grand student loan I had, at something like 1% APR, let alone being lumbered with £30k+ of debt.

I think the skank who was a 'model' and outspending her income by £1700 a month (if I heard it right) just typifies the attitude that's got so many people in so much debt. Also typical is how she got her then boyfriend to pay for loads of gear on his credit card, ditched him, and now he's having to pay it back, and she was laughing about it too. What a mug.

Fortunately I can spot a gold-digger a mile off. All they get from me is maybe 10cc.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Fortunately I can spot a gold-digger a mile off. All they get from me is maybe 10cc.
            Both Barrels ? generous indeed
            Kneel before Bod

Comment

70's AOR band?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It had some quite valid points though, such as the changes to higher education funding, where the students are way in debt before they even finish the course. Glad they still had some level of student grants (which barely covered my accommodation expenses but better than nowt) when I was there. It was bad enough trying to pay off the couple of grand student loan I had, at something like 1% APR, let alone being lumbered with £30k+ of debt.
                Student debt is a fallacy. I left uni with £8k in student loans, taken out of wages etc so not a bad debt to have.

If I can do it on that then most people should be able to. Wait...be a student and get a job....shock horror. I managed to pick up a 2:1, work, be busy with 2 student clubs (president of 1) and spend maybe 2 weekends a month away training with the TA.

Comment

Makes a change from donating it to his sock like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Makes a change from donating it to his sock like usual.
                    Sockpuppet is already overflowing.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X