• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Historical victory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical victory

Thanks to your new great coach, you have managed to beat the mighty Switzerland!!!!

It is the beginning of a new era, I think....... 1966 all over again...
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Thanks to your new great coach, you have managed to beat the mighty Switzerland!!!!

Woohoo....

Jules Rimet still gleaming....

Didn't even know we had a match
    Kneel before Bod

Comment

That masturb'er Motson matched to mention 1966 before the game even started, FFS!! It's time these commentators accepted that England are nothing special and are unlikely to win the World Cup (or anything else) again.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant our historic victory in 1665...

Comment

After Shearer's pre-match comments about if they struggled under Capello (coz he's some footballing messiah apparently) the England team are in a worse state than everyone thought, I was hoping the swiss would roll them over.

What I can't understand is how poor England were in the first half, barely able to string a pass together, yet in the second half they played a bit more like we know they can. It's like they can't be arsed and just do the bare minimum.

Funniest comment of the night was when the pundits were aggreing that Capello had picked a team based on who's in form rather than household names. Yeah, A. Cole and Crouch are first team regulars at their club this season aren't they. More likely he picked who was left after Terry, Lampard, and others are out injured.

Am I the only one that thinks he's watching a remake of "Mike Bassett: England Manager" these days? It's so close to the truth it's uncanny.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I think that's a bit harsh. The players were understandably nervous in the first half but sorted themselves out after half time. They were unlucky not to score more.
            Switzerland are well drilled and there's that old cliche, there are no easy matches out there.
            I think a slow start is to be expected.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              The players were understandably nervous
              And why is it the opposition was not nervous? I say get Croatian coach and give UK passports to the whole team of theirs, plus a few million quid (if they win World Cup) and until then they should train every week and play matches every single bloody week, not once in a while.

ATW in "I could win World Cup for England" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                And why is it the opposition was not nervous? I say get Croatian coach and give UK passports to the whole team of theirs, plus a few million quid (if they win World Cup) and until then they should train every week and play matches every single bloody week, not once in a while.

ATW in "I could win World Cup for England" mode.
                Cos the opposition didn't have a new coach to impress, you plonker.
                And of course the players could really do a match every week, you nonce
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  And of course the players could really do a match every week, you nonce
                  Not with each other, so they are not really a team - they should be playing week in and week out together. Really the top clubs team should have been taken as reward to be national team, the problem is that not many English people in top teams now...

Comment

another false dawn

should start a poll - which vegetable will be used for Crapello once his inept overpaid stars fail...
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X