• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training Course feedback etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training Course feedback etiquette

Has anyone here done a training course and had a feedback form as part of the course?

Partly vent, partly unsure of how to take this forward, if at all.

All groups to date, very good feedback, as in considered. Most provided their own individual feedback.

Last group – led by a yank team lead – nobody returned the feedback forms.

I sent the forms out by email – only the yank provided feedback.

Everything was second to lowest level, his feedback included how good he was in the industry for 10 years, and all of that carp.

His feedback also mentioned how another team member was feeling. Sounds like he has assumed responsibility for the feedback for the whole team not giving others the opportunity to provide their own feedback.

I am also very suspicious of feedback that is all the same number!

Considering just pretending I did not get the feedback, as probably cause too many ripples to set up a meeting to go over.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Has anyone here done a training course and had a feedback form as part of the course?

I am also very suspicious of feedback that is all the same number!

Considering just pretending I did not get the feedback, as probably cause too many ripples to set up a meeting to go over.
    Yes.

Sounds like he didn't really take the time to think about his answers.

Don't be a pu**y. Challenge him on the feedback and ask for constructive criticism on how to improve if he really thinks it was only worth a mark above the bottom.

Comment

Just create a chart showing his position at the bottom of the whole world under the banner of 'The only way is up'
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Wilsmsloooooow!

<canned laughter/>

Comment

Should be done while on the premises

Didn't you slag off Bush/Clinton/Obama by any chance? Or maybe he didn't understand your Northern accent!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Just create a chart showing his position at the bottom of the whole world under the banner of 'The only way is up'
            Nice avatar (this time).

Comment

please, whoever has invented the Wilsmlow character, I commend your creativity, it is amazing how you are building this story of the contractor turning permie, buying a car, giving training getting bad feedback

amazing

it's better than east enders, I wonder what Wilmslow will be asking next week ?

ok, to join in the fun and play the game,

Wilmslow, as you will be a permie in this organisation, isn't it better you get the feedback qualified with a followup meeting and you can improve

perhaps involve your boss in the meeting and maybe HR

is it allowed these days to give bad feedback ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                please, whoever has invented the Wilsmlow character, I commend your creativity, it is amazing how you are building this story of the contractor turning permie, buying a car, giving training getting bad feedback

amazing

it's better than east enders, I wonder what Wilmslow will be asking next week ?

ok, to join in the fun and play the game,

Wilmslow, as you will be a permie in this organisation, isn't it better you get the feedback qualified with a followup meeting and you can improve

perhaps involve your boss in the meeting and maybe HR

is it allowed these days to give bad feedback ?

Milan.
                Oh, no, bad feedback is sooo last year.....

Comment

Wilmslow,

this is very important, you need to be careful that behind the scenes this is not recorded by your boss and HR and used against you in your Performance Review at the end of the year and used to reduce your payrise for next year or bonus for this year

Milan.

Comment

Dude

Are you really that insecure as a trainer that one bad feedback form sends you into a tailspin

Get a frickin grip

Comment

Working...
                    X