• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attention XXXXX XXXXX of Optimum IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention XXXXX XXXXX of Optimum IT

No it is not acceptable to call the last place on my CV on the offchance I still work there. Just cos I looked for a job once since I joined does not mean I am looking now.

I was looking at a production problem at the time so sorry about not giving you the abuse you deserve.

I keep a special phone for agents - I only switch it on when I am looking. I will only be a source of leads if you pay me for them.

Or am I being ungrateful? Should I be pleased that an agent took so much trouble to find me?

Return the 'favour'

Just ring his office and ask for him. 9/10 he won't come to the phone. Then leave a message with a colleague, saying you are calling from CP.

Comment

was it a bloke ?

If it was a women did her name start with the letter 's' per chance ??!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        was it a bloke ?

If it was a women did her name start with the letter 's' per chance ??!?!?!
        It was a bloke. Or a woman with a very dep voice and a man's name...

Comment

Actually, you've just given me a brilliant idea.

Why don't you find out the boss of the guy who phoned you and phone from a rival agency pretending they've applied for a job and that you were phoning for a reference!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Actually, you've just given me a brilliant idea.

Why don't you find out the boss of the guy who phoned you and phone from a rival agency pretending they've applied for a job and that you were phoning for a reference!!!

that is sneaky - sure you are not an agent?

Comment

Working...
            X