• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family Solicitor London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Solicitor London

Anyone recommend anyone ? Just spoken to my local family solicitor and they charge £225 an hour and they also charge for letter they recieve on my behalf, is that normal, are solicitor fees that exspensive ?

I just want a solicitor to represent me on the sale of property owned by me and my ex (not married) we have an agreement of trust written up detailing the % split, but I want to do if officially and cover my ass.

Then use a solicitor outside London.

All the solicitors I've used have been based outside London due to modern communications methods this is a viable option. (OK the telephone isn't modern.)

The only thing that may cause you a bit of a problem is getting another solicitor or doctor to verify you are who you say you are if you don't have any as friends.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Anyone recommend anyone ? Just spoken to my local family solicitor and they charge £225 an hour and they also charge for letter they recieve on my behalf, is that normal, are solicitor fees that exspensive ?

I just want a solicitor to represent me on the sale of property owned by me and my ex (not married) we have an agreement of trust written up detailing the % split, but I want to do if officially and cover my ass.
      That is normal for family law - and it is a major growth industry. A few solicitors are moving into the family part but prices still rising.

After much experience in f4j, and with a friend who recently went through the above scenario, you do not need a family solicitor. Just a conveyencing solicitor.

Why do you think you need a family law solicitor?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        if you don't have any friends.
        were you thinking of any posters on here?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Doctor and solicitor friends are useful to verify your ID. That way you don't have to send passports and driving licenses in the post and risk them being nicked at the sorting office.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why do you think you need a family law solicitor?
              I would rather not deal with her myself and just do it through the solicitor, clean break etc, she is a ******* nightmare to deal with.
              Last edited by Bumfluff; 7 February 2008, 13:33.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Solicitors, the arm pit of society. One of my cousins went to change her solicitor and then charged her for the letter, the phone call and the photocopying bill...And they were very useless.

Now that I'm volunteering in the my wife's legal practise I'm hearing lots of horror stories about solicitors. Just some tips:
                  - make sure all advice to you is also in writing or e-mail
                  - never pay cash and always get a receipt
                  - if you can get away with it...don't pay and threaten a law society complaint..always scares them sh**less.

just MHO.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I would rather not deal with her myself and just do it through the solicitor, clean break etc, she is a ******* nightmare to deal with.
                    Just deal with a conveyancing solicitor. Why not?

There are NO legal implications.

Comment

Working...
                    X