• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last night's adventure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's adventure

Spent last night in A&E... had loads of horrid pain, stayed in A&E till 9 am when I got transferred to Obs& Gynaecology . The Dr ordered a scan, and sure enough I had 2 ovarian cysts. But the Dr decided not to do anything about it, just wait and hope it will go away, I told him what about the pain? I can’t sleep because the pain is strongest when I lay down.. he said , well if you have pain again tonight, then come back to the A&E!! He felt because my cyst is 4.5 cm its too small to do anything about it. Last time when I had an operation the cyst was 9cm. Also, the lady doing the scan told me she can se some endometriosis, but she didn’t write it in the scan report, so the Dr said, well if she didn’t write it in the report am not going to treat you for it.

I personally do wish that the cyst would go away without doing any surgical removal, however am not sure if this Dr was wise or just lazy and couldn’t be bothered to follow it up today.

How do you grow ovaries ?

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Spent last night in A&E... had loads of horrid pain, stayed in A&E till 9 am when I got transferred to Obs& Gynaecology . The Dr ordered a scan, and sure enough I had 2 ovarian cysts. But the Dr decided not to do anything about it, just wait and hope it will go away, I told him what about the pain? I can’t sleep because the pain is strongest when I lay down.. he said , well if you have pain again tonight, then come back to the A&E!! He felt because my cyst is 4.5 cm its too small to do anything about it. Last time when I had an operation the cyst was 9cm. Also, the lady doing the scan told me she can se some endometriosis, but she didn’t write it in the scan report, so the Dr said, well if she didn’t write it in the report am not going to treat you for it.

I personally do wish that the cyst would go away without doing any surgical removal, however am not sure if this Dr was wise or just lazy and couldn’t be bothered to follow it up today.
      Sorry to hear that sandy, hope you are feeling better .

I would never go to A&E unless I am dying, that is the only time they will do somthing, ifnot it is standard- 2 parcetomol every 4-5 hrs. If severe pain go for Ibuprofen.

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
        Sorry to hear that sandy, hope you are feeling better .

I would never go to A&E unless I am dying, that is the only time they will do somthing, ifnot it is standard- 2 parcetomol every 4-5 hrs. If severe pain go for Ibuprofen.
        Thanks newbee, but your suggestion is not wise.. pain is a good thing, its a signal that your body trying to give you, if I just took pain relief and forgot about it, there is a chance that the cyst may rupture and have more complications. Listen to your body.

I got private medical btw, but didn't want to use it yet, if I mentioned it I believe the Drs would go for the most complex procedures so that they can make money out of my claim... so want to wait and see. If the pain persist will book into a private hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          Thanks newbee, but your suggestion is not wise.. pain is a good thing, its a signal that your body trying to give you, if I just took pain relief and forgot about it, there is a chance that the cyst may rupture and have more complications. Listen to your body.

I got private medical btw, but didn't want to use it yet, if I mentioned it I believe the Drs would go for the most complex procedures so that they can make money out of my claim... so want to wait and see. If the pain persist will book into a private hospital.
          I do hope it gets better on its own - but dont delay too long. It nearly killed my mother recently.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Comment

My mother had similar problems but more severe - she had to have full surgery and it really took her health away. I think she left it too long.

Wish you the best Sandy - get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Comment

Just pray, Allah will hear you and everything will be ok

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Brill/Tad : thanks for your advise and good wishes.

Comment

I thought only women had ovaries...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I thought only women had ovaries...
                    No, you got one too churchill, this is why you don't have any dick!!

Comment

Working...
                    X