• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WxMan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WxMan

I wonder if he's been chasing this little lot...

Yanks having a tough time...Oh well...

LOL I was not there for that one (currently stuck at a desk in Nottingham) - although it was clear what was going to happen about 48 hours before it actually did!

As far as chasing those storms, it would have been nigh impossible as many of the Tornadoes that occurred at night and were moving forward at 50 mph.

I was very saddened to hear of the 50 plus death toll
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
      As far as chasing those storms, it would have been nigh impossible as many of the Tornadoes that occurred at night and were moving forward at 50 mph.

You'd have been all right on the freeway. Speed limit is 55.

One day the yanks will learn to build their homes from stronger materials than balsa wood. I suppose having to rebuild them each year keeps the builders busy. I bet the insurance is a bit steep though.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        One day the yanks will learn to build their homes from stronger materials than balsa wood.
        Wasn't that 3 pigs story about exactly just that? The piggy with the strongest house made from stone won the day.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
          I was very saddened to hear of the 50 plus death toll
          GWB said "prayers can help" so no need to be sad. Anyway they've assumably gone to heaven where they have eternal happiness. So you can be happy not sad.

Comment

Working...
          X