• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Prices in realtime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Prices in realtime

Interesting link
    I'm alright Jack

Surprised no-one picked up on this, too busy flirting by looks of it... Maybe having DOOMED in the title would have helped get a better response?

Not had time to read all 13 pages of comment on the HPC site:
    http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...howtopic=67772

Some of them going for 20 or 30% less than what they were sold for a year or three ago though. A lot of pain to be dished out over the next year or two by the looks of it
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

It looked too confusing for someone like me with the attention span of a ....
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
        A lot of pain to be dished out over the next year or two by the looks of it
        Yep. I do feel sorry for those people that will now suffer as a result of over stretching themselves to get a foot onto the ladder.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          Yep. I do feel sorry for those people that will now suffer as a result of over stretching themselves to get a foot onto the ladder.
          All they have to realise is that sometimes it's better to jump off the ladder and wait for an easier to climb one to come along. It always goes in cycles.

Shouldn't be as big a deal if they're on near 100% mortgages (or more!) to just default. People who have invested lots of genuine savings and not just paper equity will feel the most depressed, but that's life.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Couldn't be bothered to read the links but Property Snake is an interesting site. If you want to know if any properties in your area have had their prices reduced, then this is the place to look! The main annoyance is that it doesn't always detail where the property is so you can't tell if it's the house opposite or three streets away.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Couldn't be bothered to read the links but Property Snake is an interesting site. If you want to know if any properties in your area have had their prices reduced, then this is the place to look! The main annoyance is that it doesn't always detail where the property is so you can't tell if it's the house opposite or three streets away.
              I think that this is a prove nothing site.

People will always put their house on the market for 10-20% more than they expect to get and tracking a reduction in asking prices proves absolutely nothing at all (except that people are greedy).

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post

People will always put their house on the market for 10-20% more than they expect to get and tracking a reduction in asking prices proves absolutely nothing at all (except that people are greedy).

tim
                That's kind of how I interpreted that site too.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                  Not to mention those who stretched themselves to get a house to live in, without any desire to "get on a ladder" or invest in inflation or whatever.

When the main purpose of buying a house is not to have somewhere to live but to speculate on inflation, that is unhealthy. When that is exactly what they mean when they say "a healthy housing market", the lunatics have seized control of the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post

tim
                    In England, maybe. In Scotland, if you offer the quoted price you will never get the house. "Offers over" means exactly that.

Maybe England could learn something from Scotland?

Comment

Working...
                    X