• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girl Talk.....Boy Free Zone (unless gay)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl Talk.....Boy Free Zone (unless gay)

What is it gals, jewellery, accessories or clothes. You've got a bit of spare cash to spend on these. What are you most likely to spend it on and what has been your most expensive item to date and wear do you buy?

Mine is easy:

Jewellery. I love it and I have a favourite silversmith who I've bought loads from over the years. She aint cheap either. Most pieces cost around £350 upwards. She recently made me a custom made opal, pearl neclace on silver and gold. I bought the opal back from Oz.

Otherwise, it's handbags. I can't resist them. I like The Bridge most of all. I don't have a lot of bags but they're all good ones. Not into fashionista loud logo labels worn by celebrities though. Anything likely to be draped over Posh's arm isn't likely to be draped over mine.

Shoes aren't an obsession. I buy good ones and they tend to last. Not interested in seasonal trends.

Clothes, same as shoes really. I amortize and spend most on things I wear a lot and as little as possible on items I'm only likely to wear once. Tea shirts are cheap because even the expensive ones look like nothing on earth after a few washes.

Next....

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    What is it gals, jewellery, accessories or clothes. ..
    All of the above (except the gals )

Comment

I am a cheap girl, I do like jewelleries, but most morning I forget to wear it, so stopped buying it for a long time now.

Shoea? Takes me for ever to fine a pair I like, it has to satisfy so many criteria’s: cute, comfy, stylish, easy to care for etc etc, hence when I find one that satisfies my criteria I buy 2 or 3 pairs which would last me a few years !!

Handbags? I like designer styles, but being cheap I don’t buy the real thing, I buy a fake ones from when I go to China or New York (China Town) - usually the styles are perfect fakes, yes they last a year or two instead of 10 years, but who’d want a hand bag to last 10 years – saying that DH bought me a designer bag around 10 years ago, it still looks beautiful and extremely rich high quality.

The one thing I like to spend money on is holidays – I don’t have a huge amount of spare cash to be honest, it all goes on kids school fees, school trips and kids going on holidays with friend’s families or exchanges.

One day the kids will grow up, and I’ll be rich.

Comment

Silver??

Real contractors wear Platinum!!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          I am a cheap girl, I do like jewelleries, but most morning I forget to wear it, so stopped buying it for a long time now.

Shoea? Takes me for ever to fine a pair I like, it has to satisfy so many criteria’s: cute, comfy, stylish, easy to care for etc etc, hence when I find one that satisfies my criteria I buy 2 or 3 pairs which would last me a few years !!

Handbags? I like designer styles, but being cheap I don’t buy the real thing, I buy a fake ones from when I go to China or New York (China Town) - usually the styles are perfect fakes, yes they last a year or two instead of 10 years, but who’d want a hand bag to last 10 years – saying that DH bought me a designer bag around 10 years ago, it still looks beautiful and extremely rich high quality.

The one thing I like to spend money on is holidays – I don’t have a huge amount of spare cash to be honest, it all goes on kids school fees, school trips and kids going on holidays with friend’s families or exchanges.

Handbags - love Mulberry Handbags...
          Shoes - currently lusting after a pair of Christian Louboutin mary janes which I have now discovered at half the cost in NY
          Holidays.... only reason I work
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

That's the problem with kids, they drain away all your spare cash. I don't have any so I can afford to splash out on frivolities.

On bags. I still have a tiny Gucci shoulder bag I bought in 1984. It cost about £70 in Venice which was a fortune then, particularly on the salary I was making at the time. I still wear it now and looks as good as the day I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Handbags - love Mulberry Handbags...
              Shoes - currently lusting after a pair of Christian Louboutin mary janes which I have now discovered at half the cost in NY
              Holidays.... only reason I work
              I have a Mulberry too - the Scotchgain and brown leather trim which I've had a few years now. They're really stylish. I think the older styles are better than the more recent designs which tend not to be lined. If I'm going to fork out a few hundred for a bag I want it to be finished inside properly.

Holidays are not a great priority for me. I go away when I can, but tend to do lots of short weekenders or even day trips rather than 2 week stints away.

Never bought any really upmarket shoes like Jimmy Choo or CL although I did fork out for a pair of Miu Miu evening sandals that I got in a sale a few years back. I tend to go for stylish ankle boots or shoes that I wear to death. I buy most of my shoes from Russell and Bromley or else buy Josef Seibel walkers.

Comment

Handbags : has to be Chloe
                Shoes : Blahnik's are a girls best friend, but I also frequent Moda in Pelle (linky)
                Holidays : Seychelles, Zanzibar & Mauritius - plus anywhere I can get all my kit off without freaking out the locals.

Kneel before Bod

Comment

I have a Mulberry too - the Scotchgain and brown leather trim which I've had a few years now. They're really stylish. I think the older styles are better than the more recent designs which tend not to be lined. If I'm going to fork out a few hundred for a bag I want it to be finished inside properly.

Holidays are not a great priority for me. I go away when I can, but tend to do lots of short weekenders or even day trips rather than 2 week stints away.

Never bought any really upmarket shoes like Jimmy Choo or CL although I did fork out for a pair of Miu Miu evening sandals that I got in a sale a few years back. I tend to go for stylish ankle boots or shoes that I wear to death. I buy most of my shoes from Russell and Bromley or else buy Josef Seibel walkers.
                  I have a Mulberry bayswater (classic) and a roxanne, both of which I love to pieces...
                  Love Russel and Bromley shoes too - they do great wedges for the summer which comes in handy when you are short
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

pearl neclace
                    necklace

I've had loads of them and they didnt cost £350.
                    Last edited by crack_ho; 7 February 2008, 16:58.

Comment

Working...
                    X