• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Read confirmations on email - why ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read confirmations on email - why ?

why do so many nobodies put read receipts on their emails ?

Milan.

probably because the "somebodies" can't be ar$ed replying to the plebs??

Comment

So they can prove you've received it if it ever ends up in court.

I always decline to send a read receipt anyway. Like to keep them guessing. Then when they re-send it, give them an ear-full that I got it first time.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It is because they have terrible communication skills. They are the same people who say "please advise", and who cc-in somebody of perceived importance who you know actually gives even less of a damn than you do.

Comment

Because some dickhead developer thought it would be a good idea to add such a feature to an email client. If it's there it'll get abused.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

It can be useful if you are nosey like me. I also add an extra column to my inbox that displays a yes/no flag to let you know which messages have a read receipt on them - I read the yes ones last, of course.

Comment

That is sickening. I bet you use Comic Sans too.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                It is because they have terrible communication skills. They are the same people who say "please advise", and who cc-in somebody of perceived importance who you know actually gives even less of a damn than you do.
                and they use words like ourself and yourself and utilise because simple English scares them.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  why do so many nobodies put read receipts on their emails ?

Milan.
                  My favourite is the ones who have it set as default and then do a mail to the whole outfit - I always make sure they get the read receipt.

Comment

Important - please read - you may be affected

Please be advised that by COP tomorrow a process of trifling importance will be carried out by myself.

This may involve the watching of the drying of some paint or the watching of the growing of some grass.

If you think yourself may be affected, please advise myself by COP today.

Thunderlizard,
                    Facilities Manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X