• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do agents even read...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do agents even read...

Cv's?

Of the phone calls I''ve taken today regarding contract's, 3 of them asked what my availability is when, on the 2nd line of my CV it clearly states "Available now" !!

Cheers,
    Spooner

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

No. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooner View Post
      Cv's?

Of the phone calls I''ve taken today regarding contract's, 3 of them asked what my availability is when, on the 2nd line of my CV it clearly states "Available now" !!

Recruiters can't read. They hire interpreters for that - usually the contractor the CV belongs to. They recognise £ signs easily enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        No. Next.
        Thanks. My faith in Darwin and the food chain is restored
        Cheers,
        Spooner

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Denny - you're slipping!

Where's the reference to EBs? Surely that needed to be picked up, it's in the subject after all!!

(And no, they don't take any notice of the availability on a CV, since they have no idea about how old it may be)
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            (And no, they don't take any notice of the availability on a CV, since they have no idea about how old it may be)
            I might agree if they had picked it up from one of the sites....but these EB's had been sent my CV by me, only the day before...and the title of my CV includes the month and year.
            Cheers,
            Spooner

Comment

Yes, but everybody puts "Available now", and there are different degrees of it. Then there's "this afternoon"-now, "beginning of next week"-now, and "now + my notice period".

Comment

Originally posted by Spooner View Post
                I might agree if they had picked it up from one of the sites....but these EB's had been sent my CV by me, only the day before...and the title of my CV includes the month and year.
                But recruiters don't understand the months and the years, that's why it meant nothing to them.

Comment

Working...
                X