• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the 1st time in years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the 1st time in years

And I mean years (well over 15) I have an urge to dust down the old acoustic guitar and spend a bit of time with it...

I seem to have been getting more tuneful lately and someone popped they're head around the door yesterday saying that they thought someone had the radio on and that I had 'a lovely voice'...

not sure what's going on...
    Last edited by cojak; 8 February 2008, 09:47.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And I mean years (well over 15) I have an urge to dust down the old acoustic guitar and spend a bit of time with it...

I seem to have been getting more tuneful lately and someone popped they're head around the door yesterday that they thought someone had the radio on and that I had 'a lovely voice'...

their

HTH
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

true - did that without thinking...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Had that about summer last year, ended up renovating all my old dusty guitars from storage, wandering round various music shops to find some strings I could recognise. Eventually bought myself a lovely Gibson Robot for Xmas. Which is nice.

Still writing the music for the fruit machines on the keyboard and Finale, but have been toying with attaching a Roland pickup and piping into Sibelius to see how the result compares.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I was thinking of resuming my classical guitar playing.

One big plus about classical guitar is that you're not usually expected to sing!
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

I've been trying to learn the guitar for a while now. I got an acoustic Fender a while ago and love the sound of it but in all honesty I'm bolluxs at playing. What I especially like about it is I can plug this guitar into my amp and then turn it up (to 11) and so everybody on our street can hear just how rubbish and arrhythmic I really am. Which is nice.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Written "hot tub weekend" yet?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I seem to have been getting more tuneful lately and someone popped they're head around the door yesterday saying that they thought someone had the radio on and that I had 'a lovely voice'...

Welcome to the club

If you're anywhere near Zürich welcome to the band . I have Bass and two Electric guitars to hand out, acoustic steel guitar also welcome.

If I can get a drummer interested I may splashout on a small PA, in fact in the last gig because we only had one microphone and two of us were singing we didn't bother with a PA and it sounded great.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Written "hot tub weekend" yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X