• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junior PM interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior PM interview

getting bored sitting on bench, so while I wait for sunny days can people help
    with interview questions for a junior pm role.
    I plan to prepare a list on this

Originally posted by newbee View Post
    Convince the PM that you can do most of his work. If you do that, it's in the bag.
    Kneel before Bod

Comment

permielazyitis

What do you think you'll get asked?

C'mon - don't expect everyone to do all the work for you; you're supposed to be a contractor now.
      If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
        What do you think you'll get asked?
        1. Do you know how to work a cafetiere ?

HTH
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

First off.... what kind of role and project?

This is likely to affect the rest of the q's.

what do you normally do? If this is different, either blag well, or say why the change.

what do YOU understand the role to be? Job spec?

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
            Convince the PM that you can do most of his work. If you do that, it's in the bag.
            wise words
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Fedora or Akubra
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Fedora or Akubra
                Fedora ofcourse

Comment

Why?

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  wise words
                  If you can do the PM's work, then he'll be out soon as he'd charge a lot more than you do. Then again if you can, why shouldn't you go for a PM job? Lack of confidence or low visibility perhaps?
                  A junior PM is a glorified PA/secretary and this job is done by the PMO. Never heard of a bloke wanting to be Jnr PM, but then again you are not a bloke (referring to newbee, not Troll obviously!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                    If you can do the PM's work, then he'll be out soon as he'd charge a lot more than you do. Then again if you can, why shouldn't you go for a PM job? Lack of confidence or low visibility perhaps?
                    A junior PM is a glorified PA/secretary and this job is done by the PMO. Never heard of a bloke wanting to be Jnr PM, but then again you are not a bloke (referring to newbee, not Troll obviously!)
                    Well given the chance I would go for the PM job . Point is market is tough with PM's spiralling all around the place( me incl). With 3-4 yrs expereince Iam too inexpereinced for PM's role or too experienced for PMO role-- this according to pimps.

Stop slating women and branding them to be of PA stature.

Comment

Working...
                    X