• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soc Gen (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soc Gen (again)

I've just found out I used to work on the Back Office systems that Le Rogue Trader was clearing his dodgy deals through. Oh tulip, do you think I should start running now ?

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    I've just found out I used to work on the Back Office systems that Le Rogue Trader was clearing his dodgy deals through. Oh tulip, do you think I should start running now ?
    If your avatar is accurate I would start ambling...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If your avatar is accurate I would start ambling...

Comment

Sg

Olympic, by any chance?

Comment

You can keep you back orifice and clear your own deals through it.

Comment

SunGard

Did you used to work for SunGard, on Panorama?

Comment

You should be alright - you have got £4 Billion Professional Indemnity cover haven't you?
              Last edited by Gonzo; 9 February 2008, 20:26. Reason: My mistake, it is $7 Billion, not £7 Billion.

Comment

One, two SocGen are coming for you.

Three, four they're gonna knock on your door...
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Not really - my impression was that he was fudging the middle office, not the back office. They were all legit deals with legit counterparties. They were unacceptably risky (maybe) and over his limits, but that's not often back office's responsibility: they've rarely got the necessary maths.

Comment

Working...
                  X