• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you won 1 million on the lottery, what would you spend it on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe there is a euromilions jackpot of £95 million tonight that must be won?

I am going to look through the "fascination of maths" thread for tips on picking the winning numbers.

1 mln lottery tickets.

HTH

sasguru

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      1 mln lottery tickets.

HTH

sasguru
      with an expected return of only £500,000? I think you need to ask sasguru...

anyway, the euromillions is £1.50 so you must be thinking of the uk lottery?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        anyway, the euromillions is £1.50 so you must be thinking of the uk lottery?
        You got me. I don't play lotteries and only know about £1 UK lottery by chance. Personally I'd say I'd be gutted to win a million because I would not have made it fair and square, so I am not playing lotteries - it would be a big spoiler if I won

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I believe there is a euromilions jackpot of £95 million tonight that must be won?

I am going to look through the "fascination of maths" thread for tips on picking the winning numbers.

My wife sometimes enjoys this fantasy. Then she invites me to sit and dream with her and list objects or events that we would spend money on.

This was fun for a while. But I thought it got boring as we never play the lottery .

SO last time she asked me to enjoy this game with her I just told her that if I won the lottery for a good size prize I would simply vanish from her life. She would never see me again. This has disappointed her to the level that she has not asked me to this game since. Mission accomplished.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

You got me. I don't play lotteries and only know about £1 UK lottery by chance. Personally I'd say I'd be gutted to win a million because I would not have made it fair and square, so I am not playing lotteries - it would be a big spoiler if I won
            But if you won you could spend it on marketing SKA, a publicist etc etc.

Comment

Travel, altruism and trinkets.

In that order.
              Kneel before Bod

Comment

If that day ever comes to pass I'd be happy to ease your conscience and take the load off, sorry weight off your mind.

1 mill, wazzat get you these days, a nicish house in a decent area in London. Whoopee doo.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

More fast cars, fast motorbikes and lightweight bicycles.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    But if you won you could spend it on marketing SKA, a publicist etc etc.
                    But then everyone would say - he won it because he won the lottery, which helped big time, not because of hard work, good foresight etc.

Of course if I knew I would win for sure then I'd probably play, but I had A grade for probabilities (and games theory) course in my Uni, so I ain't playing - I noticed Business students in this country do not get similar courses

Comment

Working...
                    X