• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wave goodbye, someone's off on their hols

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wave goodbye, someone's off on their hols

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234072.stm

Radical Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri, who is serving a seven-year sentence for inciting murder and racial hatred, has had his extradition to the US confirmed by Home Secretary Jacqui Smith.

I hear Gauntanamo Bay is nice this time of year.

Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234072.stm

I hear Gauntanamo Bay is nice this time of year.

its ok... other cuban resorts aren't such an arse when you try to leave the complex
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Not sure whether to be sad or happy.

Not sure I want justice handed out in Cuba but we didn't do very well here.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why on earth? I am not a friend of Abu Hamza by a long chalk: but he has never set foot in the USA; he's not committed any crimes on US soil, or directly against the USA; he's not a US citizen. He is not their problem.

He has lived for years in the UK, has broken laws in the UK, is being punished for that in the UK, and should continue to be so. Afghanistan or Yemen have much stronger claims on him than the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          but he has never set foot in the USA; he's not committed any crimes on US soil, or directly against the USA; he's not a US citizen. He is not their problem.
          "Hamza faces charges of conspiracy to take hostages and hostage-taking in connection with an attack in Yemen in December 1998. The hostage-taking resulted in the death of four hostages.

Hamza is also charged with: conspiracy to provide and conceal material support to terrorists; and, providing and concealing material support and resources to terrorists and a foreign terrorist organisation, specifically to al-Qaeda.

These charges are related to Hamza's alleged attempts in late 1999 and early 2000 to set up a training camp for violent jihad in Bly, Oregon. "

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3755029.stm

He should have received life sentence as soon as it was proven that his public calls for murder were actually taken on board by people who did murder others - frankly if there was a cast iron guarantee that XRay will keep only people like him then I might have been allright with it.

Comment

Alexey,

burning the midnight oil

what about the press release and the SKA news, when is it coming ?

Milan.

Comment

WE WANT SKA, WE WANT SKA!!!!

showing my age
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                what about the press release and the SKA news, when is it coming ?
                Early next week - needed to fix bugs found by users and make some improvements to reach some minimum "nice" quality level.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  WE WANT SKA, WE WANT SKA!!!!

showing my age
                  That's the attitude

Comment

Working...
                  X