• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camden's Burning! Camden's Burning!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camden's Burning! Camden's Burning!

Pour on water! Pour on water!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7237119.stm

The firemen will all be giggling and ordering pizza before long. Plus there will be lots of underdressed Goths soon.

Nooo! Lets hope Cyberdog is OK, or there will be lots of underdressed clubbers too.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Pour on water! Pour on water!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7237119.stm

The firemen will all be giggling and ordering pizza before long. Plus there will be lots of underdressed Goths soon.
      O feck, not another market gone for months, most likely forever. It was bad enough when the basement market on Kensington High Street closed down on account of landlord greed demanding higher rents.

I visit Camden market quite often. The trick is to park at the back of the supermarket car park on Chalk Farm road (or the road towards Chalf Farm anyway - not sure if it's called that) and then walk down a staircase straight into the market.

What's the betting the fire was started at the behest of some greedball property developer who plans yet another hideous glass tower block monstrosity in its place?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        What's the betting the fire was started at the behest of some greedball property developer who plans yet another hideous glass tower block monstrosity in its place?
        Those were my first thoughts too. I thought that Camden Market had been under threat for some time now?

Comment

O flip, not another market gone for months, most likely forever. It was bad enough when the basement market on Kensington High Street closed down on account of landlord greed demanding higher rents.

I visit Camden market quite often. The trick is to park at the back of the supermarket car park on Chalk Farm road (or the road towards Chalf Farm anyway - not sure if it's called that) and then walk down a staircase straight into the market.

No one knows how the Cutty Sark got burnt down last year yet.

Comment

yes, typical that it's the decent bit of the market that's "gan ahad". Why couldn't it have been the identikit T-shirts and plastic Union Jack bowler hats of Inverness Street instead? Actually I might just go out and torch that myself in the interests of karmic balance.

Unfortunately Gonzo, all of Cyberdog's stock will have melted together into a giant PVC blob (like the one in The Prisoner). Fairy Gothmother might still be OK though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Whose name was Rover...

HTH.
              I am not a number!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Tesco or M&S?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

O flip, not another market gone for months, most likely forever. It was bad enough when the basement market on Kensington High Street closed down on account of landlord greed demanding higher rents.
                  Speaking of markets, don't you believe in the Market? Why should landlords not supply at the price that market demand sets?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Speaking of markets, don't you believe in the Market? Why should landlords not supply at the price that market demand sets?
                    Because we end up with souless chain vendors who are the only ones who can afford it. Great if you like Starbucks, rubbish if you like real coffee for example.

Comment

Working...
                    X