• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inbred Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inbred Muslims

A government minister has warned that inbreeding among immigrants is causing a surge in birth defects - comments likely to spark a new row over the place of Muslims in British society.

Phil Woolas, an environment minister, said the culture of arranged marriages between first cousins was the “elephant in the room”. Woolas, a former race relations minister, said: “If you have a child with your cousin the likelihood is there’ll be a genetic problem.”

The minister, whose views were supported by medical experts this weekend, said: “The issue we need to debate is first cousin marriages, whereby a lot of arranged marriages are with first cousins, and that produces lots of genetic problems in terms of disability [in children].”

Woolas emphasised the practice did not extend to all Muslim communities but was confined mainly to families originating from rural Pakistan. However, up to half of all marriages within these communities are estimated to involve first cousins.

Medical research suggests that while British Pakistanis are responsible for 3% of all births, they account for one in three British children born with genetic illnesses.

Link
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Brilliant post - made me laugh.

I am working in Bradford, where it is a case of spot the non Muslim.

Got me thinking - there are a lot of people with limb deformities walking around the area. May be coincidence......

An honest observation, nothing racial meant, although I know how this will appear!

Comment

this has been mentioned before a few times, but it really isn't inbred Muslims, it is inbred Pakistanis.

Comment

There was a TV programme about this happening in Bradford.

The city has the largest incidence of Cistic Fibrosis in the UK (and Europe)

Interestingly, this defect is prevelent in the generations old yorkshire population and the pakistani population.

The yorkshire folks havent left yorkshire for generations has a genetic defect that is being passed around resulting in Cisitc Fibrosis.

95% of the Pakistani community are from 2 village areas in rural pakistan and mainly stick to this grouping within the larger British Pakistani community - thus creating the same problem as their neighbours.

Bradford - historically, a very interesting city of commerce and immigration that is now dying a slow and horrible death.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Got me thinking - there are a lot of people with limb deformities walking around the area. May be coincidence......

An honest observation, nothing racial meant, although I know how this will appear!
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The limb deformities are probably due to the higher incidence of type 2 diabetes in adult population from people who originate from India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka than compared to the white population. It's a medical fact and has been well researched
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That is a dumb post Ever heard of Hindus?

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                What's a Hindu?

It lays eggs.

IGMC...

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  Yeah they're the ones that look normal.

Comment

I would imagine that a closed population of inbreeding individuals will eventually inbreed itself out of the gene pool after a number of generations
                    - that's "life" innit ?

Comment

Working...
                    X