• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Direct Mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Direct Mortgages

Anyone use First Direct for their mortgage or know how contractor friendly they are ? They look to have some good deals at the moment, I've got 2 years of Ltd company accounts and mortgage wouldnt be massssivvee

Ta

I have one, but I got it when I was permie.

If you do get one, their level of service is very, very good and they are highly recommended.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Mortgage companies are quite switched on to contracting these days. You may have to speak to someone higher up rather than the 1st line drone.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

I got mine when I first started contracting and had no accounts. They asked for a letter from my agent/accountant at the time indicating my income to date. They asked a lot of questions that took about an hour but they OK'ed it.
        Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Comment

Cheers everyone, I'm going to give them a call today, they have an offset deal at 4.75% with low fee etc, they also have one a 5.25% with no fee. They dont seem to penalise you if you exisiting customer as well wanting to remortgage, unlike alot of the other lenders like Halifax etc who stick on another 0.50% if your an existing customer

Comment

Seems there very busy as there deals are very good, I cant even get through to Mortgage department, they are offering call backs, but the calls back is within 7 working days, Im not in a hurry anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
              Seems there very busy as there deals are very good, I cant even get through to Mortgage department, they are offering call backs, but the calls back is within 7 working days, Im not in a hurry anyway.
              Will someone please translate this peasant's ramblings?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Will someone please translate this peasant's ramblings?
                they are or they're

their

can't

the mortgage

callback

I'm

There's a start. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  they are or they're

their

can't