• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep Fit Regime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Fit Regime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4703166.stm

Seems like a good idea to me

So having a hand-shandy is just as beneficial? More so for women I'd have thought, if they are the lazy variety that prefer to just lay there and think of the money.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      How else does one get one's heart started in the morning?
      By lying on a rock until the sun warms your blood sufficiently?

Comment

I go for a 30km bicycle ride to work. But if the weather is good I go back home and then out again making it 90km
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

At 300 calories per hour I wonder just how much help 2.5 calories is likely to be

Comment

I think 300 calories per hour is bollox.

I have an exercise bike that has a calorie burner indicator. I found it demoralising seeing how much pedaling it took to burn the calories, though I don't suppose it helps when I had it in freewheel mode.

Hence I ditched the bike and just eat less. A lot easier to give that extra slice of bread a miss (at around 100 calories a pop) than it is to cycle about 4 miles!
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Apparently, one pound of stored bodyfat has the calorific value of approx. 3600. Therefore, to shift a pound of fat (not the ubiquitous 'weight' including water, etc) one has to 'do' 3600 calories of exercise. As mentioned, this can be quite demoralising.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                I go for a 30km bicycle ride to work. But if the weather is good I go back home and then out again making it 90km
                You shouldn't multiply the distance by your hip size.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  I think 300 calories per hour is bollox.
                  You need to be more vigorous then!

Comment

Well I was pounding away like a man possessed...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X