• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dirty Rats !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Rats !

Have any of the multi talented experts on here had any success in controlling rats ? I was warned by the know it all father in law but have been feeding all and sundry to the birds and squirrels and as he predicted we now have rats including some monsters. I could be very nasty and take out the squirrels at the same time but I'll try and be nice so I need to work out how to feed them anticoagulants without the squirrels and birds also biting the dust. Any tips ?

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Have any of the multi talented experts on here had any success in controlling rats ? I was warned by the know it all father in law but have been feeding all and sundry to the birds and squirrels and as he predicted we now have rats including some monsters. I could be very nasty and take out the squirrels at the same time but I'll try and be nice so I need to work out how to feed them anticoagulants without the squirrels and birds also biting the dust. Any tips ?

Get a cat...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Get some of these snakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2Qe...eature=related

Comment

Thought they were now immune to anti-coagulants
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Or a hawk???
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Nuke the bastards from space - to be sure.

Comment

Enough - I will report this thread to the RSCPA

Yes this is the year of the Rat - and I am a Rat.

So - watch out !

Alphus Rattus Norvegus

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Thought they were now immune to anti-coagulants
                Just reading up on it and there are now 2nd generation ones that in theory they aren't immune to !?

Got cats about and buzzards, kestrels and sparrowhawks but it didn't seem to be putting off king rat yesterday sunning himself and having the odd munch at the same time.

The Mrs doesn't know yet but asked what the holes are under the shed and greenhouse, she thinks they are rabbits !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  I have an Ermine, beautiful this time of year too. Yet when he dines on Rat in the middle of the night one wonders which is worse 'cause it is a serious racket when him, Mrs Ermine and the kids have such a party.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    I have an Ermine, beautiful this time of year too. Yet when he dines on Rat in the middle of the night one wonders which is worse 'cause it is a serious racket when him, Mrs Ermine and the kids have such a party.
                    kits

threaded in "my bad" mode
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X