• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining the family business - thoughts and experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining the family business - thoughts and experiences

I realise the thread title suggests I'm joining The Mob but that's a world of intimidation, prostitution and racketeering, I'm actually following my brother into contracting.

I plan to make the jump in April when the market picks up a little and he's offered to let me join his company.

We work in unrelated fields so there wouldn't be much IR35 benefit in joining him but it would halve accountancy fees, company registration and VAT registration costs.

I trust him but pride means I'd prefer he didn't know how much I was earning

Does anyone see any benefits/hindrances that I'm missing or have experience of a similar situation?

Working...
X