• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISP to ban illegal downloads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISP to ban illegal downloads

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....egal_downloads
    Coffee's for closers

ACHTUNG!

Do not click the link above - it is an illegal download!

Comment

NANNY Alert!!!!!
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Everybody will just encrypt traffic and send it via SSL. I would love to see them stop that without stopping legitimate uses of SSL....

Muppet's can't they see they are onto a looser no matter how much they procrastinate?

Comment

Yeah, they banned the DNS lookup of The Piratebay in Denmark.

Result: lots of people now using OpenDNS and The Piratebay traffic has increased from Denmark due to all the free publicity.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

At least this is not part of Sharia laws

Comment

They have to be seen to be doing something...this is not the answer though!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

It's only fair.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

How much does it cost to download a CD from say I-Tunes? If it is more or similar to the cost of a CD bought in a shop then the music companies are taking the pi55. If I pay to download a track I'm effectively producing the CD myself, so saving the music company the cost of pressing the CD and putting it into a nice case with the inlay etc. There are little or no transport and storage costs either. Also, the retailer (itunes etc) does not need as big a chunk of cash. The music id heled electronically. It's not like they have to have the facilities to hold literally thousands of CD's in storage - just a few servers with some really big disks.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    How much does it cost to download a CD from say I-Tunes?
                    It may cost the same, BUT, you don't have to buy whole CD - most of them have 90% crap "filler" songs with only 10% good, so in those cases you can buy just good song for a dollar, that's why music companies were bricking it when iTunes started up.

Overall I think price of CD should not more be than $3 - you just need to cut out middleman - RIAA mafia that takes 90% of the sell price of $10, actual artist is getting $1 at best, when selling direct artists can benefit more.

Comment

Working...
                    X