• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£25 per day.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£25 per day.

Just heard on the news that cars wirh poor fuel consumption or high emmisions will have to pay 25 pounds per day to enter London.
    Theres me thinking it was a congestion charge!
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

They've got it the wrong way round surely? They'd have to pay me to take my car into London.

Comment

• The £25 charge will apply to vehicles emitting more than 225 grams of CO2 per kilometre (g/k), as well as those registered before March 2001 which have engines larger than 3,000cc
      • Those vehicles getting a 100% discount will emit less than 120g/k.
      • Of cars currently being driven in the congestion charging zone 17% would be liable for the £25 charge and just 2% for the total discount

Apparently this applies to make of car i.e. 4x4's and sports cars and not necessarily on fuel/emission efficiency.
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

I wonder how much CO2 all those cyclists produce per km from all that quicker breathing.......
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Join an umbrella that allows you to claim £25 for lunch with no receipts, and you're even!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This year it's CO2 and carbon emissions, next year it will be something else.....anything to get money out of the public
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Its probably to make up for the American Embassey workers who don't pay the charge (while other countries' workers do).
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                • The £25 charge will apply to vehicles emitting more than 225 grams of CO2 per kilometre (g/k), as well as those registered before March 2001 which have engines larger than 3,000cc
                • Those vehicles getting a 100% discount will emit less than 120g/k.
                • Of cars currently being driven in the congestion charging zone 17% would be liable for the £25 charge and just 2% for the total discount

Apparently this applies to make of car i.e. 4x4's and sports cars and not necessarily on fuel/emission efficiency.
                It's not because they have high emissions, it's because they're not fair!

Comment

Some surprising points here and it would seem some people will be surprised at getting caught. Many of the cars will be the sameas those driven by dctors, nurses, teachers, firemen etc.

This "congestion" charge becomes more and more of a farce every day.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Some surprising points here and it would seem some people will be surprised at getting caught. Many of the cars will be the sameas those driven by dctors, nurses, teachers, firemen etc.

This "congestion" charge becomes more and more of a farce every day.

Yeah I saw on the news recently that a fleet of non-emergency ambulances (such as for shipping the elderly to bingo and back) had to have thousands of pounds worth of filtering fitted to avoid charges/fines.

If they're worried about congestion, why not a person charge too, to catch all those that come in using bicycles or public transport, and then clog up all the pavements? I know, I know, that's for later once the suckers have got used to paying these additional taxes for no noticable benefit.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X