• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost Baggage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Baggage

Manchester airport lost my suitcase (again) yesterday.
    I lodged the missing baggage claim with KLM last night, this is on the KLM Arrival Services letter which they gave me:

We would like to reassure you that we are doing out utmost to reunite you with your baggage as soon as possible
    I phoned KLM today to find out where my bag was.
    KLM: yes we've got your bag
    Me: when will i get it
    KLM: will be tomorrow now sir between 7am and 12 noon, i'm afraid it just missed the 12 oclock pickup
    Me: Thats not soon enough! can you get a different courier company to bring it to me?
    KLM: I'll have to check with a manager

Called back later... bag is on the way with a same day courier and should be a couple of hours.

So much for doing their utmost, had I not bothered to pressure them they would have happily left me without clean clothes for another 24 hours
    Coffee's for closers

I've never had a bag lost after a flight (touch wood) but dread the day it happens... as if flying isn't stressful enough what with horrid airports and airline staff.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

A mate of mine lost his suitcase coming back off holiday last year and thought that was the last he'd see of it. Turns out it had failed to be loaded on the plane and they were going to send it over 'soon'. I think it was best part of a month before it turned up, but at least it did, fully intact and at the airline's own cost.

Seems it's a regular occurance and they have some fairly reliable proceedures to ensure as long as it's not been stolen it will turn up, eventually. Those paper strips they stick on them at check-in are probably what saves them from being truly lost.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I've also always thought what's to stop someone else just picking up any old random bag off the carousel (the most expensive looking one probably) and walking away with it? Then you really wouldn't see it again....
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          I've also always thought what's to stop someone else just picking up any old random bag off the carousel (the most expensive looking one probably) and walking away with it? Then you really wouldn't see it again....
          thats happened to me before... someone with an identicle bag to me didn't bother checking the tags and walked off with mine.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            thats happened to me before... someone with an identicle bag to me didn't bother checking the tags and walked off with mine.
            Was it a profitable swap?

Comment

NO NO NO!!!

Captain Jack is not allowed to post in a thread entitled "Lost Baggage"!!! What is this Torrid Tuesday??

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                Was it a profitable swap?
                their bag had a lock on the zip (which is how i could tell it wasn't mine without even picking it up)
                Took it straight to the baggage desk and go them to put a call out for the idiot but it was too late
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  NO NO NO!!!

Captain Jack is not allowed to post in a thread entitled "Lost Baggage"!!! What is this Torrid Tuesday??
                  I've never lost any of my baggage. Unless I wanted to,

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Seems it's a regular occurance and they have some fairly reliable proceedures to ensure as long as it's not been stolen it will turn up, eventually. Those paper strips they stick on them at check-in are probably what saves them from being truly lost.
                    About 2% of luggage goes missing, so on an average flight 4 people will 'lose' some luggage.

This is why when you go to whine at the counter they aren't overly bothered.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X