• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car leasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car leasing

May stick with Focus, but considering leasing options.

Leasing is typically for 10K per year quotes and you need to specify exact model details.

I want to search by mileage (25K and 30K per year) and order quotes by diesel results, cheapest first then rising.

Moneysupermarket.com does not do this - need to specify the exact model.

Any sites out there that do what I want?

Would prefer all inclusive including maintenance and insurance ideally, but also happy to get insurance independantly.

Wilmsloooooow!

<canned laughter/>

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      Wilmsloooooow!

<canned laughter/>
      Oooh, you tart......

Seriously, would rather have the extra £12K of the car in the bank so I can always have that as a buffer to stay contracting. Not wise to be an out of work contractor with only a few K set aside....

Not wanting a used one as had a bad experience of a used one in the past and do 120 miles a day on a good day!

Comment

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Does anyone genuinely find leasing a more cost effective option than buying a 2-3 year old one, racking up the miles then swapping it after a couple of years?

That's what I've been doing for ages and had very few reliability problems (certainly nothing to worry the AA because of overuse), despite the cars not being anything too special just motorway cruisers.

In the past I've found that the cost of the depreciation of a leased one (seeing as they're new or nearly new), along with the penalties for the very high mileage makes it a non-starter for me. Maybe times have changed?
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Seriously, would rather have the extra £12K of the car in the bank so I can always have that as a buffer to stay contracting. Not wise to be an out of work contractor with only a few K set aside...
            Eh? I thought you were going permie?!?
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

An ex-manager of mine once recommended this company: http://www.lex.co.uk/ but I found it cheaper to go direct to the manufacturer and get a lease through them - only downside being that you can't get an online quote and you have to talk to a spotty oik.

Oh and beware - I got stung (or will do) on excess mileage charges. I opted to have a maintenance contract which I much later discovered has a separate mileage fee. So, I'll pay 4p/mile on the lease and a further 6p/mile on the maintenance. Plus VAT. I originally estimated average mileage of 12k per year and I haven't had the car two years and have just hit 30k - change of contract meant a lot more driving than I'd bargained for.

Comment

Working...
              X