• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Hi,
    I am trying to launch a new IT recruitment website called Skillect (www.skillect.com). It is in the early stages, but I am hoping to get some jobs on there, and then get contractors to go on the site.

I really want this project to work and am sure it will. It is dedicated to Contractors.
    Can anyone give me advice as to how I can get companies/agencies to post jobs on the site. I have offered free job posting till end of March, google ads, cold calling etc.
    Thanks for any constructive advice you can give.

Originally posted by davley2 View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to launch a new IT recruitment website called Skillect (www.skillect.com). It is in the early stages, but I am hoping to get some jobs on there, and then get contractors to go on the site.

I really want this project to work and am sure it will. It is dedicated to Contractors.
    Can anyone give me advice as to how I can get companies/agencies to post jobs on the site. I have offered free job posting till end of March, google ads, cold calling etc.

Comment

need help

Thanks for that. Do you know anywhere I can get a good list of emails for i.t. recruitment agencies?

Comment

Thanks for that. Do you know anywhere I can get a good list of emails for i.t. recruitment agencies?
        I presume you have been through the list of agencies listed with their email information in the 'Agency Directory' listing on this site?

Comment

Create a bunch of fake CVs using all the buzz words, but don't include a phone number only an email address.. Post them on the regular job boards and wait for the agents to email you.. Voila!! A list of agents email addresses you can spam..
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Hi,

I wish you the best of luck going up against Jobserve and CWJobs...
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Jeez... Sure you're smart enough for this?

Go to http://www.jobserve.com/RecruiterDirectory.aspx - there's 378 to get you started. While you're doing that go and see how many other recruitment sites are out there, then ponder on why 99% of people have ever only heard of four of them.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

help

Well thanks for your reply, but I am not going to be discouraged by the number of job boards out there! This site is dedicated to contractors...and it will work.

Comment

At least we've found AtW's new identity!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well thanks for your reply, but I am not going to be discouraged by the number of job boards out there! This site is dedicated to contractors...and it will work.
                    Not without a damn good USP it won't. You're basically trying to take on Google with a new Search Engine that nobody's ever heard of. Good luck anyway...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X