• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited & IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited & IR35

Im totaly confused....

Allot of people seem to say go for a limited company setup......

But how are people getting around IR35 ??

This link seems to repersent my understanindg on what makes you above and below it: http://www. parasolgroup.co.uk/contractor-knowledge/contractor-guides/contractor-knowledge/who-is-affected-by-ir35msc-legislation/

How is any contractor manging to stay outside of it ?? Its all very well rewording the contract but arent the majority of people just lieing ??

Thanks for any advice

<mod edit>Link purposefully broken</mod edit>

I guess everyone is just lying then but no one wants to incriminate themselves

Comment

Read the first timer guides, the 47,000 other threads on this and then the first timer guides again.

Comment

Originally posted by oafc0000 View Post
        Im totaly confused....

This link seems to repersent my understanindg on what makes you above and below it: http://www. parasolgroup.co.uk/contractor-knowledge/contractor-guides/contractor-knowledge/who-is-affected-by-ir35msc-legislation/

How is any contractor manging to stay outside of it ?? Its all very well rewording the contract but arent the majority of people just lieing ??

Thanks for any advice

I'm

totally

A lot

understanding

managing

aren't

You can barely spell IR35 so you have no hope of understanding it.

HTH.

Comment

please remember parasol want people to be inside ir35 as they can then persuade them to join their umbrella scheme by saying that running a limited is not worth it if they are caught by ir 35

Comment

Im totaly confused....

Thanks for any advice

you forgot:

represent

lying

Comment

Originally posted by sidknows View Post
              please remember parasol want people to be inside ir35 as they can then persuade them to join their umbrella scheme by saying that running a limited is not worth it if they are caught by ir 35
              Exactly - like a lot of people out there - they're making a mint out of the IR35 'frighteners' gravy train.

If you want to run your own business go for it, otherwise you may as well go PAYE with the agency. (if you can)

Comment

Lol, it's published by Parasol (an umbrella company) and as already stated above they rely on getting people INSIDE IR35 to use their services, so I would unsurprisingly treat it as perhaps bias propaganda showing only one aspect/perspective on it.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  I'm

totally

A lot

understanding

managing

aren't

You can barely spell IR35 so you have no hope of understanding it.

HTH.

May I just thank you for being a really nice person......

Comment

Im totaly confused....

Not necessarily, but I think a lot of contractors are burying their heads in the sand hope that the Revenue won't notice. Many of them are just being deceived into thinking they're outside when, in fact,they will probably be caught according to the Revenue's criteria of what consistutes a 'real business.'

There's a lot of luck involved as well because the definition of employee or business is not clear for tax purposes. Much depends on how reliable your EB and/or client testimonials are, how good your accountant is in wrapping up the investigation enquiries quickly and efficiently.

Comment

Working...
                    X