• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forming Ltd for IT consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forming Ltd for IT consultant

Could you recommend a quick and comprehensive service for forming a limited company, I need:

1) to start trading as soon as possible
    2) virtual address
    3) possibly an online accountant to answer noob questions for the beginning (if there is such option)
    4) cheap

Rough estimates of time and costs involved, briefly stages of the process would be very helpful !

Also, is there any advantage of buying a readymade company in this case ?
    What is the formula to decide which type of VAT registration I need ?

Thanks!

p.s. please dont say "google", it is just too much, often outdated, hard to cope with all this links without clear understanding of the process

Read the ContractorUK first timers guide.
    Read the PCG first timers guide.
    Read the sticky in the Accounting board.

p.s. please dont say "google", it is just too much, often outdated, hard to cope with all this links without clear understanding of the process
    Change this attitude or you're fliped.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
      Change this attitude or you're fliped.
      For a lot of the old-timers...the ones that give out the really decent advice I'm guessing he already is.

Comment

Originally posted by tnk View Post
        A- Use some initiative.
        B- Lose the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gecko View Post
          A- Use some initiative.
          B- Lose the attitude.
          So which of the 'big-boys' do you IT Consult for.

My guess: Don't know your Assenture from your elbow

Comment

Originally posted by tnk View Post
            Could you recommend a quick and comprehensive service for forming a limited company, I need:

2) virtual address
            3) possibly an online accountant to answer noob questions for the beginning (if there is such option)
            4) cheap

Rough estimates of time and costs involved, briefly stages of the process would be very helpful !

Thanks!

PCG do a quick start service.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gecko View Post
              A- Use some initiative.
              B- Lose the attitude.
              C-Buy Teldar Paper

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                PCG do a quick start service.
                Thanks, was looking for this kind of service, not sure circa 200 pcm for a remote accountant is cheap though.

Comment

2) virtual address
                  4) cheap

Thanks!

Did you do ANY research at all yourself? Did you look at any of the links on this site? I would be more helpful, but refuse to assist your laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    Did you do ANY research at all yourself? Did you look at any of the links on this site? I would be more helpful, but refuse to assist your laziness.
                    You're not suggesting using the "Company Formation" link on the right hand side, are you?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X