• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Class Heroes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Class Heroes

I read with interest the Lib Dems comments on Darling's latest back-peddaling over the bungled Non-Domicled affair -

Vince Cable, the Liberal Democrats' Treasury spokesman, said:

"There has been some outrageous special pleading from the City with wildly exaggerated accounts of the damage that would be done by taxing non-domiciled residents. British taxpayers do not understand why they should pay 40 per cent top rate tax, while the super-rich may pay little more than council tax on houses worth tens of millions."

Very Good.

And Why do 'they' fail to understand that Mr Cable ?

Could it be because the electorate - those working class heroes - continue to vote for the likes of yourself Mr Cable - or Mr Darling - and the rest of the pompous ,ineffectual, self - serving politicians with your Tiger Wood golf clubs and dodgy salary schemes spewing utter nonsense ?

There's room at the Top - they're telling you still
    But first you must learn to smile as you kill

Keep you doped with religion sex and TV
    But you'se still f'ing peasants as far as I can see
    A Working Class Hero is something To Be
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 February 2008, 09:40.

This came up on Radio 4 yesterday and they wheeled out some Union leader. Wow - those people really do deal in the politics of envy...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      This came up on Radio 4 yesterday and they wheeled out some Union leader. Wow - those people really do deal in the politics of envy...

Was that the one where they were saying anyone earning over £150k should be compelled to donate to charities? (presumably the charities would be on an approved list.. )

sounded like a tax to me but the clueless presenter didn't have the balls to mention it
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Was that the one where they were saying anyone earning over £150k should be compelled to donate to charities? (presumably the charities would be on an approved list.. )

sounded like a tax to me but the clueless presenter didn't have the balls to mention it
        So the Labour Party will now become a charity

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

I admit I have a pang of envy when I see people with billions paying no tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            envy
            I resent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I resent it.
              What the duck said!

Comment

It pi55es me off when you hear MP's talking about things like this. How we should all pay more tax to help all those below us. OK then why don't these feckers start by only claiming expenses which are exclusively for use as their role as a MP. Apply the same tests to their expenses and the inland revenue applies to mine. Last week there was a story on 5 live about how MP's have put through TV's and Ipods as part of their expenses (that should be we have bought these sleazy ferckers Ipods and TV's as presents for being an MP)
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X