• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need Help - Mining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help - Mining

Hi:

I've got a half-baked idea that I've not really researched at all as I'm far too lazy, so I thought I'd ask you boys (and girls) to do all the work for me.

Does anyone know where I can find the tools to help me get all the contents from here http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/???

thanks
    Davley2

p.s. I've posted this thread several times across all of the forums to really annoy everyone with my scatter-gun approach

p.p.s. No suggestions that I do anything myself please; I simply won't accept that I should
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

I think it's a great idea you have anyway and you should just ignore the others trying to rubbish it.

Edit: Damb, he won't be able to reply now. He's just been banned.
      Last edited by miffy; 13 February 2008, 17:25.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post

I think it's a great idea you have anyway and you should just ignore the others trying to rubbish it.
        So your in then?

I'm out.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          So your in then?

I'm out.
          You wern't tempted then?

You'd get a better return on a three legged horse.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I would be happy to do that for you, at my standard daily rate.

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
              Hi:

I've got a half-baked idea that I've not really researched at all as I'm far too lazy, so I thought I'd ask you boys (and girls) to do all the work for me.

Does anyone know where I can find the tools to help me get all the contents from here http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/???

thanks
              Davley2

p.s. I've posted this thread several times across all of the forums to really annoy everyone with my scatter-gun approach

p.p.s. No suggestions that I do anything myself please; I simply won't accept that I should
              Now that's the kind of blue sky thinking I approve of (You'll see a small bit of blue sky on sunny days if the cell has a window.)

Seriously, is there anything left in the BofE after Brownstuff flogged all those hundreds of tons of gold, perfectly timed at the bottom of the market?

Also, if you talk someone into digging a tunnel, they'll need diving gear, because I gather the main gold vault is completely flooded with water until access is required.

Oh and the whole vault floor is one giant weighing machine, accurate to the nearest ounce, and if anything is "lifted" I'd imagine alarms go off all over the place.

Until not long ago every corner of every corridor in the BofE was guarded by three people: a bank employee, a policeman, and a grenadier guard. But the bank picket was abolished in the '70s, and these days there's probably only a couple of dozy, bored, illegal immigrant security guards at the main entrance pretending to check peoples' passes.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X