• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irritation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irritation

How does one avoide feeling so irritated about anything.... I am not sure what's happening, recently I've been sooooo irritable, in every meeting I feel like standing up and shouting: 'Shove it up yer arse'

This is not normal for me, usually am cool, and full of smiles (well fake ones) but recently I just want to murder work people!! tuk tuk tuk.. anyone has a remedy (arrrrrrgh why did I have to mention Remedy .....Feck $hit and shove it up yer arse !!)

Is there anything particular bothering you?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      How does one avoide feeling so irritated about anything.... I am not sure what's happening, recently I've been sooooo irritable, in every meeting I feel like standing up and shouting: 'Shove it up yer arse'

This is not normal for me, usually am cool, and full of smiles (well fake ones) but recently I just want to murder work people!! tuk tuk tuk.. anyone has a remedy (arrrrrrgh why did I have to mention Remedy .....flip $hit and shove it up yer arse !!)

You need to de-stress, so for a run/workout/ long walk. After that you'll feel much better
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is there anything particular bothering you?
        Well - the IT developer is an idiot, but that's not new, I have a new contract offer, so will be leaving this place end of next week. Also have had a couple of good news, so can't really think of anything that is bothering me... unless am nervous about starting the new job.... I will try to meditate before going to sleep. Don't really want to start a new contract feeling like a time bomb... I may just break down and shout at my new PM who didn't do anythign telling him to shove it

Comment

Well I always want to tell PM's to shove it so you're probably ok really!

I second the soggie cats suggestion, although I think it helps to work up a sweat. Something like bike/run/striker etc. Work up a decent sweat then have a nice relaxing shower, cold glass of water and some healthy food afterwards.

Works wonders for me. You're not alone feeling like you want to murder someone though, I think thats quite normal in IT (well for all the permies anyway). I felt like that a lot in my old job. It sucks.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            Well - the IT developer is an idiot, but that's not new, I have a new contract offer, so will be leaving this place end of next week. Also have had a couple of good news, so can't really think of anything that is bothering me... unless am nervous about starting the new job.... I will try to meditate before going to sleep. Don't really want to start a new contract feeling like a time bomb... I may just break down and shout at my new PM who didn't do anythign telling him to shove it
            I have heard it said that stress suppressing ones natural desire to choke the living s**t out of someone who deserves it.

Comment

Well, a friend of mine just sent me a photo of her new born baby, baby looked sooooo cute , so I feel a lot more relaxed... have no idea why a baby's photo should relax me, but I'll take it.

Comment

on going anger and irritability is a manifestation of depression.

go see your doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                  on going anger and irritability is a manifestation of depression.

go see your doctor.
                  you reminded me of the movie 'Anger Management'

I feel pretty,
                  Oh, so pretty,
                  I feel pretty and witty and bright!
                  And I pity
                  Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
                  Oh, so charming
                  It's alarming how charming I feel!
                  And so pretty
                  That I hardly can believe I'm real.