• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The ID Card debate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ID Card debate

Asked by BBC Radio 4's Today programme if ID cards could have prevented Thursday's atrocity, Mr Clarke said: "I doubt it would have made a difference.

"I've never argued ... that ID cards would prevent any particular act."
    (From the BBC news website)

It will be interesting to see how the debate between rushing through ID cards and their effectiveness unfolds over the next few months, especially in light of the Home Offices' own statements on the reasoning behind ID cards:

“It will help tackle the activities of organised criminals and terrorists who depend on the use of multiple identities ..."
    (from the Home Office website)
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Perhaps Mr Blair should consider that America did not see fit to introduce ID cards after 11/9

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
      Perhaps Mr Blair should consider that America did not see fit to introduce ID cards after 11/9
      The only way in which ID cards will hamper terrorists who depend on multiple identities is that they they will need to buy more than one at the local car boot sale.

Comment

ID cards are a complete joke - just another stealth tax as far as I can see. The only way we can reduce the risk of terrorism is to tighten border controls and deport these muslim clerics that stir up trouble within the muslim community. The Government has admitted that there are 1/2 million illegals wandering around the UK - they have no idea what they are dong, where they live or even who they are - how would ID cards resolve this problem.

Oh good grief that blasted human rights bird is on the radio again

Comment

John - what the hell is that avatar of yours? It's a bit spooky...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Lets just hope the conservatives banish ID cards to where they belong.

Comment

Bit of an archive dredge BP.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Bit of an archive dredge BP.
                Im bored. Here until 9pm tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Im bored. Here until 9pm tonight.
                  I'm not

Party tonight
                  Confusion is a natural state of being