• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cutting Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting Costs

is it a sign of the times

just been asked about lowering my rate

anyone else had this recently

Milan.

Sorry to hear benesey! No mention of that here yet (touch wood).

What industry is the client in?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
      Yeap, I was spoken to about renewal last week and a 5% rate cut was mentioned due to budget constraints , client is a fund manager. To be honest I was over market rate anyway though so its not to much of a hit plus its a US client so exchange rate makes me very expensive.

Comment

Lots of budget cut here.

Many contractors getting terminated mid contract.

I've Managed to dodge the bullets so far.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Pondlife,

I told 'em if it comes to that they can stick their contract up their backsides.

Market is very strong for New Fangled and I'd love to see what happens when the dinosaurs are left to maintain the undocumented labrinth of new fangled solutions that they have running their business

We'll see what happens

Milan.

Comment

Pondlife,

I told 'em if it comes to that they can stick their contract up their backsides.

Market is very strong for New Fangled and I'd love to see what happens when the dinosaurs are left to maintain the undocumented labrinth of new fangled solutions that they have running their business

We'll see what happens

Milan.
            He who dares Rodders, he who dares.

Comment

Yeah Im now down from 5 euros an hour to 4.55 Euros - agent geezer sed its cos of the credit crunch - I doffed my cap and sed - Musn't Grumble Guv - glad Im still in a job ...things are tuff out there ladz

Comment

Programme managers are asking about the split between people costs and hardware/software in my (and other PM's) projects. Unsurprisingly it's heavily weighted to the former (lots of big-5 consultants at >£1K day.) Three guesses on the likely response.....

Comment

Milan.
                  Nope, next!

Comment

Nope. In fact I've just signed a new contract on my highest rate so far. The market is looking fine from where I'm sat (not literally of course)...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X