• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax, after all its only fair!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tax, after all its only fair!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7242445.stm

Well, looks like a nice little revenue earner is about to hit the streets for the mayors office...and whats the bet Boris doesnt do a thing about it when he gets in to power!

I guess it is only fair that normal people, with normal cars pay this tax!

Mailman

I enjoy reading the comments that BBC news items get. Here is one on the emissions tax:

I'm happy to pay more tax for driving my 4x4, happy in the knowledge that my extra taxes are be spent on carbon negative initiatives which are going to save the planet.
    Steve Bonham, chesterfield
    Bless him.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Costs me absolutely nothing to take the wife's 4x4 into Manchester so I couldn't give a tuppeny ha'penny sh1te if some wockney canker has to pay a bit more tax to pay for their Olympics and flood defences.

It might be grim up North but at least it's cheap!
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

erm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6691683.stm
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

"Road pricing is just another poll tax and will hit less well off drivers the hardest. The intention can only be to try and force them off the road."
              Tough tulip!

Comment

I'd like to see a congestion charge in supermarkets to prevent old duffers shopping at the weekend
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I'd like to see a congestion charge in supermarkets to prevent old duffers shopping at the weekend
                  Or in the run-up to any bank holiday.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Better still, clamp the old fookers with some sort of wheeled brace arrangement!! Then when you get enough of them, dovetail them all together like they do with shopping trolleys and simply push them off to the far end of the car park and charge them a fee for release. That is the way to get their dosh back into circulation instead of the smelly old gits hoarding it and bleating on about being skint all the time. Poppycock!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X