• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair Web Site Shutdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair Web Site Shutdown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7245378.stm

So who's the PM for this site then, that decided the only way to update a web site is to shut it down completely...

Sounds like its running on a PC underneath someones desk

Agreed it's a total farce to close down the whole site.

But then if they've only got a tiny amount of money to spend, might be the only way.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Ryan air have feck loads of money.

Last years profits were £25million+.

It is a complete joke though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Ryan air have flip loads of money.

Last years profits were £25million+.
        I'd love to know how much they're spending on this site upgrade though.

Either it's them spending next to nothing, or on the other hand paying some big consultancy a huge amount of money which in turn will use a monkey and a carp PM to manage it and pocket the difference.

I'm thinking the latter.
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I can't stand the bucket airlines anyway...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Unbelievable.

Comment

I think you'll find the key to the closure is the fact the OFT extended the deadline for compliance of the site from 31st January to 15th February.

I think ryanair may well have thought nah - the OFT won't do anything if we don't obey and realised probably too late that oops - maybe they will...

Comment

Ryanair

Ryanair is the Tesco of the budget airlines - huge profits, minimum investment in IT. Ryanair also constantly flout the law and OFT rule on clear and transparent prices, but also on ASA guidelines when it comes to advertising standards. One of their latest adverts to promote NI, was showing Martin McGuiness with the caption 'Even the British Army left in a hurry with our prices' (or similar). Also a no of customers object to Londonderry being called Derry in their routes. Still lots of morons love to fly with them, despite their rip off tactics on checking in and baggage. Some people like being treated like Shi ites.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                  Ryanair is the Tesco of the budget airlines - huge profits, minimum investment in IT. Ryanair also constantly flout the law and OFT rule on clear and transparent prices, but also on ASA guidelines when it comes to advertising standards. One of their latest adverts to promote NI, was showing Martin McGuiness with the caption 'Even the British Army left in a hurry with our prices' (or similar). Also a no of customers object to Londonderry being called Derry in their routes. Still lots of morons love to fly with them, despite their rip off tactics on checking in and baggage. Some people like being treated like Shi ites.
                  Still - their hot schoolgirl advert was pretty good!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Still - their hot schoolgirl advert was pretty good!
                    And it got them plenty of publicity.

My only experience of Ryanair was on a stag do to dublin many years ago. The pilot must have been pissed because he took the turn at the end of the runway way too fast. We thought the plane was going to roll onto its side.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X