• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a wind up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a wind up?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/dealing...#StartComments

Yes, my London house made me £500,000 in 18 months, but these 'profits', for normal people like you and me, are merely relative, unless we don't buy another house and merely move into a (privately owned, local authority financed) hostel.

What's wrong with selling up and using the equity to pay off the debt?

FFS
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

"Where was the Treasury when I was going through my own personal hell? In order to get a mortgage two years ago, I had to pay £10,000 to Savills Private Finance to secure it, and endure the life sentence of a higher rate of interest, which means I can only afford to pay the interest of my huge debt."

That's an all too common attitude: that being offered credit is a human right.

Comment

She writes for the Mail on Sunday. She deserves everything she gets.

15% of the readers think that the financial industry is to blame for her situation. 7% blame the government.

Thankfully 68% blame the dozy cow who forgot to pay her £25 bill and now claims that because of that she needed to pay £10000 for a more expensive mortgage that she can't pay.

A real shame. My heart bleeds for her.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

£100k in stamp duties over two moves is an average house price of £1.25 million. You would have thought that for someone able to get a house of this cost £10k would have made little difference either way. Public flogging is too good for this bint. Even worse than Sayara Beg http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ight=bint+debt

The photo of Liz Jones, just like Sayara, makes me want to punch her.
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
          £100k in stamp duties over two moves is an average house price of £1.25 million. You would have thought that for someone able to get a house of this cost £10k would have made little difference either way. Public flogging is too good for this bint. Even worse than Sayara Beg http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ight=bint+debt

The photo of Liz Jones, just like Sayara, makes me want to punch her.
          Does anyone know what happened to Saraya Beg?

I actually worked with her for a while before her infamous blog.
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

I just did a bit of googling to see if there was any updates. Nothing since early 2007 on the BBC.

She is a pretty crap networker with no friends as she only has 5 linked in contacts and 5 mates on facebook

What was she like to work with then? Come on, spill the beans!
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Some people really get to you don;t they

She deserves everything she gets, and she has no issues anyway. If she sells up she can still buy a perfectly reasonable property and have a fair bit of cash left over.

Comment

Isn't she a woman?

And isn't a woman's 'prerogative' to whinge/whine/etc? Look at all the 'birds' in this forum? From minor ailments to serious illnesses and from 'which contract to chose from' to 'what shall I do if A and B but not C happens' ??? A bloke would just take it on the chin and get on with it. If anything, she should be thankful to Savills etc for getting her the mortgage in the 1st place. And btw, who does she think she's kidding. She's probably missed loads of payments on various things. A mortgage application is fully assessed not just credit scored (as in a credit card application), so earnings etc are taken into account as well as previous history.

Comment

Working...
                X