• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property gravy train back on track

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property gravy train back on track

Property gravy train

Looks like everything is tickety-boo on the property gravy train
    I'm alright Jack

Boomed

Factor in falling unemployment (govt figures), low inflation of 2.1% (govt figures), falling interest rates and rising immigration (uncontrolled), we should be giga-boomed for the next 50 yrs at least.

Comment

"A survey by the headhunter Morgan McKinley has revealed that 71 per cent of those employed in financial services expect a bonus as high or higher than that of last year."

-he ought to have said "...71 per cent of those still employed..."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        "A survey by the headhunter Morgan McKinley has revealed that 71 per cent of those employed in financial services expect a bonus as high or higher than that of last year."

-he ought to have said "...71 per cent of those still employed..."

So if they get sacked shortly before the bonuses are due, do they no longer get them? What a shame that would be.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Property gravy train

Looks like everything is tickety-boo on the property gravy train
          Phew, that property crash was rough but we seem to be on the up and up now. Equity release scheme, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            So if they get sacked shortly before the bonuses are due, do they no longer get them? What a shame that would be.
            This is a contractors board. No communists please!

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
              This is a contractors board. No communists please!

Sorry, I'm colour blind. Must have put a red top on by mistake.

Almost as bad as the time I put a green one on. Went on a rampage through town throwing rotting veg at any passing 4x4.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

and promptly derailed!

Comment

We highlight the story of Tamsin Barks, a Sussex vet who was persuaded by a property seminar company that she could make a fortune by investing in new-builds. She bought seven properties, including one in Manchester, but estimates her total losses after costs at £350,000.

Thats what the text "Warning: The value of investments may go up as well as down" means then.

0% sympathy here love. Jog on.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...y.houseprices2

Point and laugh kids....point and laugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X