• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This makes me sick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes me sick

LINK

This seems to happen more frequently recently. Product of society?

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    LINK

Product of a permissive gun culture more likely.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

LINK

If we were foolish enough to listen to AtW before he spat his dummy out, this could be OUR society. Mind you, it has only happened a handful of times this week across the USA, so perhaps handing out guns willy-nilly is some sort of solution after all.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Product of a permissive gun culture more likely.
        It's still a big step from owning a gun to actually pulling the trigger in a random fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          If we were foolish enough to listen to AtW before he spat his dummy out, this could be OUR society. Mind you, it has only happened a handful of times this week across the USA, so perhaps handing out guns willy-nilly is some sort of solution after all.
          Well, it is one way of reducing mankind's impact on the planet.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The US pro-gun lobby will blame this on gun control - the argument goes something along the lines that if all students were armed to the teeth this wouldn't happen. Needless to say, I disagree, as I did when atw seemed to be advocating arming everyone as a way to eliminate burglaries and gun crime.

Comment

It's still a big step from owning a gun to actually pulling the trigger in a random fashion.
              True, but if you're going to commit suicide, then your mind is in a bad state. Of the people that commit suicide, I wonder how many think about taking others with them, and of those, how many don't do it simply because they don't have anything suitable to hand.

Comment

Yes, a massive step, but consider:

You are mentally unhinged, you feel the world is somehow unfair and that people in general are against you. You'd like to kill them all.

Is the outcome going to be better if you

a: Have easy access to a gun
                b: Don't have easy access to a gun

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Yes, a massive step, but consider:

You are mentally unhinged, you feel the world is somehow unfair and that people in general are against you. You'd like to kill them all.

Is the outcome going to be better if you

a: Have easy access to a gun
                  b: Don't have easy access to a gun
                  I guess I struggle to imagine being sufficiently unhinged that I would seek retribution against random individuals. If I were to off myself I would probably do it quietly in a convenient location that troubles the rest of the world as little as possible.

With regards to the access bit I guess if you have made your mind up this is the route you are going to go down you would probably be resourceful enough to get hold of one somehow anyway.

Comment

Yeah, there's already talk of putting metal detectors in schools/colleges to cut down on the number of knives. Give them access to bigger weapons and where will it end?

With the errosion of moral values and respect, pulling a trigger will just get easier and easier as Britain plunges into the 'dark ages'.

Besides, guns are so old-tech and rather lethal. Tasering may be a better option. No lasting damage (most of the time), so we should be able to taser the scrotes on the streets as a method of 'calming them down', and just leave them there to squirm whilst we continue walking the dog.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X