• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security level dropped 1 hr before bombings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security level dropped 1 hr before bombings

Sorry no link yet.

It has been stated on the radio that security levels for London were dropped a level, one hour before the London bombings. Alistair Darling when interviewed gave a load of old waffle about travel security and "there's not much point in having these levels if we don't change them now and them". There was, I believe some boasts about London having the best security services in the world, prior to the bombings.

Yes we know that this government has some real useless f***wits, but do any of them have the first clue about anything.

If there are wild statements about catching up with terrorists, won't they have to know at least a little bit about them, before they can get the bloodhounds on the trail.

As somebody said - Live8, G8, Olympics etc, it isn't rocket science to realise we should be on our guard.

Do they even know the nationality of the attackers yet? Were they drinking Guinness? Or were they eating garlic? Or did they have a suntan? Do we know anything?

datestamp you heard incorrectly - the security level was lowered about a month ago.It had been raised for the election and naturally the risk post election was not as great.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

As Gerry Adams said back when he was "a bad man", "you have to be lucky every day, we only have to be lucky once".

By definition, any successful terrorist attack will have been one that the intelligence and security services were not aware of. Lowering the security level (a grade within a grade) one month before the attacks did not contribute to their success or otherwise.
      Last edited by Lucifer Box; 8 July 2005, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        datestamp you heard incorrectly - the security level was lowered about a month ago.It had been raised for the election and naturally the risk post election was not as great.
        Thanks Chico, but the BBC statement that was put to Alistair Darling was that it was lowered one hour before the bombings.

Comment

naturally the risk post election was not as great.
          Naturally Chico - in your sick mind it is natural for politicians to only worry about what happens just before the elections because such event can cost them seats in the Govt where as now its long 4-5 years till next election and policians try hard to focus on "keeping the country united".

Comment

AtW I see you are trying to hit 10000 posts so you will type any nonsense. You are a sick and lonely man.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

I might be sick and lonely, but i am certainly not ****ed in the head like you Chico.

Make sure you mention this episode on your weekly confession.

Comment

Atw Get a life... saddoo
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Atw Get a life... saddoo
                  I have decent purpose in life, unlike you wanna-be crusaders who wants others to die for his ideals. You are one sick bastard Chico: you should be patrolling streets of Iraq now, not post on this board. Go do what you preach you hyppocritical POS.

Comment

Lowering the security level

Much as I am enjoying the handbags at dawn fight between AtW and Chico - Does anyone here really have an idea what this means - less police? less money? what?

Comment

Working...
                    X