• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great Pole boom is over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great Pole boom is over

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3378877.ece
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Yes, all the good ones are heading home, leaving the useless feckers to survive on state handouts. No doubt.

Comment

At least we know where there's plenty of work if we need it.

Chris Zietkowski, 34, a Polish painter and decorator, told The Times that he wanted to return home this year. “Two years ago I could make five times the amount of money here than I could in Poland,” he said. “Now the wages are about the same and the living costs in the UK are much higher. There is a lot of work in Poland, probably more than in the UK. It’s a good time to go back.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        At least we know where there's plenty of work if we need it.
        I've worked in Poland. Nice in summer, tulipe in winter. Nice people.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I've worked in Poland. Nice in summer, tulipe in winter. Nice people.
          They have a better national football team too.

Krakow is on the shortlist of venues for a mate's stag do later in the year. Probably a bit more interesting than Amsterdam again, which is ok for window shopping, but it gets expensive if you want to take them home.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

“Now the wages are about the same...
            OK, mess the place up then leave.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X