• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgages

Anyone recommend a decent mortgage lender that is happy with 2 years worth of ltd accounts rather than 3, or who is contractor friendly. Prior to ltd I was with umbrella for 3-4 years but the mortgage companies dont want to know about that, I have had 5 years back to back contracts, Im not a risk

Places like the Halifax and Aliance and Leciester and ok and will deal with me but there rates are poo and these are the ones the brokers always recommend, First Direct who have decent rates wont deal with as I have 3 years accounts. grrrr

Welcome to the credit crunch.

Comment

Abbey are good with contractors. I have a few self cert mortgages with them and they only require 2 yrs accounts. Their rates are ok too. Id advise to get an IFA or 2 to do the work for you. They are free and you can play them off against each other for the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
        Abbey are good with contractors. I have a few self cert mortgages with them and they only require 2 yrs accounts. Their rates are ok too. Id advise to get an IFA or 2 to do the work for you. They are free and you can play them off against each other for the best deal.
        Yeah Abbey would deal with me but again there about 0.50% more than the best lenders rates like First Direct.

Comment

have you tried contractormoney?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am with Yorkshire Building Society. Was with them before becoming a contractor but when we moved house after contracting about 2 years they were fine - although they would only go to a maximum of 90% LTV (which wasn't really a problem).

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
              I am with Yorkshire Building Society. Was with them before becoming a contractor but when we moved house after contracting about 2 years they were fine - although they would only go to a maximum of 90% LTV (which wasn't really a problem).
              Thats good to know Yorkshire BS have some good deals as well at the moment but you being with them before you went contracting probably helped, I willgive them a call

Comment

I went with Abbey through an IFA. They were happy to lend based on an accountants reference. Contractormoney always recommend an offset but I got a betterrate on a fixed deal with the ability to pay off regular chunks with no penalty...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                  Anyone recommend a decent mortgage lender that is happy with 2 years worth of ltd accounts rather than 3, or who is contractor friendly. Prior to ltd I was with umbrella for 3-4 years but the mortgage companies dont want to know about that, I have had 5 years back to back contracts, Im not a risk

Places like the Halifax and Aliance and Leciester and ok and will deal with me but there rates are poo and these are the ones the brokers always recommend, First Direct who have decent rates wont deal with as I have 3 years accounts. grrrr
                  Contractor Financials.

Woolwich offered me £180k (may have offered me more, thast all I asked for) based on 15 months of accounts. Rate was Base + 1.29% (95% mortgage, no tie ins, no arrangement fee).

They also have a base + 0.99% (£995 arrangement) as well.

Comment

Northern Rock are doing some good deals on council houses.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X