• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How easy to get Security Clearence (SC) for non-BRITs..???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy to get Security Clearence (SC) for non-BRITs..???

Last edited by Darren_Test; 14 August 2009, 21:11.

www.dva.mod.uk

Then ask again.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

thanks for the reply..

Comment

Practically impossible and lengthy. Took them 8 months to tell me 'no' and i'm not in any way a security risk. honest.

Comment

There was an issue 2 years ago which meant the DVA could not do foreign checks. I fell foul of it as I had been abroad for a number of years. I felt it was fishy as I was working with a number of Indians who had been cleared.
          I have been told that this issue has been resolved but I wouldnt be to sure.

Use the link from Mal and drop their customer support and email. They were pretty easy to talk to last time I did.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            thanks for the reply..
            You miss the point. There are too many variables, so read the website quoted or even read through the dozen or so threads on this subject that a search for "Security Clearance" will throw up.

Then ask a better question...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

SC took me 6 months to get last year, but I'm not foreign so that doesn't really help answer your question I guess.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Mine took 6 weeks but that was the end of 2004.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

If you are from OZ (No dual nationality), you probably wont get higher than an SC clearance. SC usually takes around 2-3 months in standard cases. (UK citizen, not lived out of the country in the last 10 yrs with no criminal record and a good credit history etc). I know a nigerian guy whose SC took 18 months to come through though as a marker for people who dont hold a UK passport. BC usually comes through in a few weeks. The DVA site displays the target clearance timescales, in reality it takes a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
                    ..snip.. The DVA site displays the target clearance timescales, in reality it takes a lot longer.
                    Yes, but what 99.99% of agents don't realise is that the Cabinet Office used those targets to define their new rules: basically, you can only be refused a role for not having clearance if the role will finish in less time than those targets. They're unrealistic, of course, but they are used.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X