• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mohamed Al Fayed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mohamed Al Fayed

Is he allowed to say all the things he is in court with no evidence? Is he allowed to call Prince Philip a Nazi?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...burrell618.xml

Is he, in fact, mad?

Discuss (or not).

Older and ...well, just older!!

He can do what he wants as he has a vast fortune that could be of considerable assistance to the Labour Party.

Comment

I am sure Prince Philip has been called worse things in his time. Greek for instance!!

I think it is safe to assume that Mr Al Fayed's Passport Application will not exactly be hurried through on the basis of this latest outburst.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I reckon you can say anything about a man with this kind of record:

If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it" - at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting.

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?" - to a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland, during a 1995 walkabout.

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian" - pointing at an old-fashioned fusebox in a factory near Edinburgh in 1999.

"If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed" - to British students in China, during the 1986 state visit.

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf" - to young deaf people in Cardiff, in 1999, referring to a school's steel band.

"They must be out of their minds" - in the Solomon Islands, in 1982, when he was told that the annual population growth was only 5%.

"You are a woman, aren't you?" - in Kenya, in 1984, after accepting a small gift from a native woman.

"Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species in the world" - in Thailand, in 1991, after accepting a conservation award.

"You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly" - to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary, in 1993.

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" - to a wealthy islander in the Cayman Islands in 1994.

"You managed not to get eaten, then?" - to a student in 1998 who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea.
        Funny though. In a wtf is he on kind of way.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I am sure Prince Philip has been called worse things in his time. Greek for instance!!

I think it is safe to assume that Mr Al Fayed's Passport Application will not exactly be hurried through on the basis of this latest outburst.
          I'd rather be called Greek than a barking mad Arab shopkeeper.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            I'd rather be called Greek than a barking mad Arab shopkeeper.
            Hobson's choice.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              I reckon you can say anything about a man with this kind of record:

Funny though. In a wtf is he on kind of way.

Such classics.

He's one of the most underrated stand-up comedians ever.

Al Fayed is just a paranoid nutjob. Even if he was right does he think there will be any proof to substantiate it, seeing as it would probably destroy the monarchy (William and Henry wouldn't be too happy would they!)? He just makes himself look a fool.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Saw this on the news before heading in to town - they had a camera in a helicopter showing live footage of his 3 car convoy on the way to the courtroom - American stylee - what a waste of my licence fee. What's the point? Why can't they wait at the courtroom and film him when he gets there like everyone else? Are they filming him driving there in case there's an attempt on his life? (that'd be worth watching)

Tsk.

Comment

Since when have the queens and kings of England been party to anything untoward or nefarious to maintain or attain power?

anyone who thinks such things should come to an unfortunate accidental end
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Since when have the queens and kings of England been party to anything untoward or nefarious to maintain or attain power?

anyone who thinks such things should come to an unfortunate accidental end

Some power they have nowadays. All they can do is save face.

Such a plan to off Diana is absurd when you consider all she had to do to survive was put on her seatbelt. A bomb, blaming it on some extremists or framing an anti-royal nutjob (Al Fayed perhaps!) would have been much more likely.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X