• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England vs Scotland: Tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England vs Scotland: Tonight

Monday 18 February
    8:00pm - 8:30pm
    ITV1 London
    The Scots get free personal care for the elderly, free higher education, prescriptions and better access to new medicines â€" exclusive benefits subsidised by English taxpayers. So would you become Scottish to take advantage? Jonathan Maitland highlights the issue from the English border town of Berwick and stages a local referendum to see if locals would renounce their Englishness to cash in.

On a similar note, when you see someone whinging on the news that they aren't allowed treatment because of their location, why not move to where you can get it, even temporarily?

Isn't this a plan B opportunity to make some cash by adding people onto your electoral role, for a suitable fee?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

The sooner the Scots get full independence the better off the English will be,

Comment

Makes me laugh to see the xenophobes claiming that the Scots get it "free". It is not "free" at all, it merely reflects the way that the Scottish Executive prioritise the spending of their allocated budget. These things could also be "free" in England, but all manner of bureaucrats in the middle see fit to spend it on other things rather than the elderly/infirm. Good on the Scottish Executive for doing this, nice to see someone taking care of the aged. It is not them that people down south should be getting annoyed at, it is the budget planners down here.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
        The sooner the Scots get full independence the better off the English will be,
        Kind of cheeky for a first post.....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Makes me laugh to see the xenophobes claiming that the Scots get it "free". It is not "free" at all...
          You're right. I think it's called the Barrett Formula...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

A lot of "experts" on here.....
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

There is no way the Scotch () will be better off without Mother Engalnd to bail them out. Cut them loose and let them starve!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                You're right. I think it's called the Barrett Formula...
                Barnett

Comment

All provinces should be treated the same.

Comment

We should have kept York when we captured it the first time... try try again
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X