• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The truth about global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth about global warming

Saw a proggy last night about the jet stream. Was quite an eye opener how much impact it has on the weather.

The warmer winters can be attributed to the jet stream not creating a blocking effect due to it not snaking around the UK but passing straight over it or close by.

The 1987 storm and it's lack of prediction was caused by the jet stream dragging a weather front over the atlantic faster and further north than anticipated.

Global warming in the UK can be attributed to the jet stream gradually moving further north so we get warmer weather. The factors controlling the jet stream's movements and speed are as yet unestablished, so no-one can say whether it is global warming that's causing the stream to move north.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

I'm not worried.

If there's a problem, New Labour will impose a punitive tax on it, thereby raising money for starving GP's on £250K pa AND simultaneously fixing the problem.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      thereby raising money for starving GP's on £250K pa AND simultaneously fixing the problem.

Comment

That's what bothers me. We have governments of the world using global warming as an excuse to extract the michael and yet there's evidence to suggest they're wrong about it all.

They're counter argument is typical "but what if we're right". If they are right, there's little can be done so late in the day without radical changes. Changes that the industrial world wouldn't adopt.

So we'll sit here getting taxed to death for no benefit, while the yanks and China continue causing GW, if anyone is.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Saw a proggy last night about the jet stream. Was quite an eye opener how much impact it has on the weather.
          And you completely missed the point old bean.

The program clearly stated that the jet stream is moving north because of changes in the concentration of CO2 in, and warming of the atmosphere near the equator.

The movement is a symptom of global warming, not the cause.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            And you completely missed the point old bean.

The program clearly stated that the jet stream is moving north because of changes in the concentration of CO2 in, and warming of the atmosphere near the equator.

The movement is a symptom of global warming, not the cause.
            No they weren't clear on the cause at all. They just assumed it was because of CO2. They said in a few years when they've upgraded the prediction models that may have a clearer understanding of it all. For now they react rather than predict.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Add in the fact that they bar any scientist who doesn't believe in global warming from their delegations and you will soon realise that global warming is all a load of old tosh. (Don't forget that they changed global warming to "climate change" when it started cooling down in some places again and overall the global temperature didn't change while they were trying to gather evidence to prove it existed)

Even if the planet is warming there is no proof that it is not an entirely natural occurrence anyway. I treat it all with the contempt it deserves at the moment. believe that in the next 10 years some scientists think that the average temperature is going to go down anyway due to sunspots. Get ready to hear the government patting themselves on the back for a job well done by raising taxes......

Comment

It makes me mad when some naive little scrote blabs on about how we need to act now to reverse global warming, how do they propose to reverse a natural cycle that may or may not be slightly influenced by human activity? uhmmm.. uhhmm.. Cycle to work?... watch an Al Gore video?... sneer at 4x4 drivers??

They would do better to prepare for what might happen if the worst case scenario is played out because only God would be able to reverse something on this scale... if it ever happens of course.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  If they are right, there's little can be done so late in the day without radical changes.
                  If they are right it is probably too late already. Far too little, far too late. De industrialisation of a fairly grand scale would probably be needed.

I predict a major boom in BTL straw huts and cart tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    It makes me mad when some naive little scrote blabs on...
                    Indeed

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X