• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Repossession by the Peoples' Bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Repossession by the Peoples' Bank

http://www.order-order.com/2008/02/g...minnikins.html

This is going to be good (except for the likes of the poor Minnikins family)

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    http://www.order-order.com/2008/02/g...minnikins.html

This is going to be good (except for the likes of the poor Minnikins family)
    Who is Darren Minnikins

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Who is Darren Minnikins
      A Geordie currently in the throes of downsizing from Bricks and Mortar to a cardboard box under a bridge.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

shirley not,

shirley his house will now become a council house and he just pays rent instead of a mortgage

sorteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          A Geordie currently in the throes of downsizing from Bricks and Mortar to a cardboard box under a bridge.
          Home from home then.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            shirley not,

shirley his house will now become a council house and he just pays rent instead of a mortgage

sorteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Milan.

It's having to share with a group of work-shy chavs that would really upset them.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

My God you're all heart, you lot.

We don't know his personal circumstances. He could have lost his job, become seriously ill, whatever.

So very heartening to see you all gloat about it. I hope the imp of misfortune never lays stools on your doorsteps.

However, every cloud etc...

Brown and Darling are going to find the media treatment of this kind of thing utterly excruciating

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Call me an economic illiterate (and you wouldn't be far wrong), but haven't Gordo and Darling managed to achieve by accident what Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher did by design - Ramp up the national debt to such an extent they've deprived themselves, and would-be opponents (which for Ronnie & Maggie was the idea), of the ability to announce new megabuck spending projects. I mean, given that they can't politically or economically afford to raise taxes much further.

In effect they've sort of painted themselves into, or certainly a long way towards, a right-wing corner despite nationalization being on the face of it a lurch to the left.

Hmm, if I can think of a more pithy way of expressing this, and others here don't persuade me its a load of tulip, I'll post a comment in the NR repossession thread at Guido's blog - Many UK politicians read that thing avidly!

Comment

I like the last comment about him being a pikey...
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    My God you're all heart, you lot.
                    If we didn't laugh we'd cry.

The country is going to hell and we're powerless to do anything about it, other than hand out cups of tea and biscuits to our comrades, in the hope they'll do the same to us when it's our turn.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X