• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MCS's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS's

I know this should really go into accounting, but figured here would be a better place to get more responses. I've just had a call from a group who used to be one of the biggest MSC's. They are now offering accountancy services to my ltd company - I would keep my current company and they would have no control over the account etc. What are the possible pitfalls to look out for? I'm interested in ditching my accountant but a bit concerned that this lot being a former MSC provider might not be all they are cracked up to be.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Ok I guess I should have posted this in Accounting as it got no responses. However now it has a picture of that nice Liz Hurley showing off her blocky norks. Perhaps that will draw the crowds.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well, FWIW, I'd steer well clear. They are likely to be very high up on the HMRC list for a good going over. I foresee the day when one of the ex-MSC's is going to get a serious challenge, on the basis that the potential winnings for the treasury would be huge, much bigger than persuing a single Ltd Co for IR35 etc...
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X