• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GrooveRider's draw in Doobai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrooveRider's draw in Doobai

Grooverider gets 4 years for 2 grams of draw!

They are flippin mental them dooobai nutters.

I don't smoke anything - but the risk is far to great to ever go there.

I heard someone got 4 years for 0.64 grams on the bottom of their shoe - thats like a spec of dirt.

Is this true? 4 years mandatory for anything?

Tis true - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7253514.stm

If it is an effective deterrent, then can't see the problem with it.

Comment

It's certainly effective. Just ensure you don't eat any bread at Heathrow on the way out. Buy anything almost anything over the counter for air sickness or get prescribed anything at all.

You can even get 4 years for carrying into Dubai things that are perfectly OK to but there.

Comment

I think Dubai has the right idea.

Comment

There is almost dead zero crime in Dubai. You can leave your gold upholstered Cayenne turbo unlocked in the centre of the dodgiest looking area and it will still be there weeks later. Try doing that in London.

Who has the right legal system then?
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

It's put me off going to Dubai, or even stopping on transit.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              It's put me off going to Dubai, or even stopping on transit.
              Do you have stashes that have fallen through your pockets that you have forgotten about then?

If you ask me, you need to be respectful of local laws when you travel and ensure that you do not fall foul of them. You would have to have been living in a cave for the last decade not to be aware that there are many countries with very draconian drug laws.

Of course, I am just jealous. I have been a good boy for five years now, but in the olden days there is no way that I ever had so much stuff that I would mislay any of it.

Comment

I for one don't want to be in jail for four years because I stood on a poppy seed at Heathrow.

Stay clear of Dubai.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

I had a great time in Dubai and Fujairah Grooverider should have been more careful, its no excuse these days not to know exactly what is in your bags and about your person when you fly, especially when you're flying to UAE.

There is much money to be made in UAE though, met a few expats out there coining it in.

Comment

I love the line
                    "I must have forgotten the spliff," he said in the interview. "It was a small amount. Back home I would not even get prosecuted."
                    Of course, the key thing was that he wasn't "back home".

Fool.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X