• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best umbrella

anyone praise a particular brolly company ?

may have a contract to start soon.

The best umbrella company (by some margin) is James Smith and Sons, 53 New Oxford St, Hazelwood House, London.

Their famous shop has been selling umbrellas since 1830 and remains a family business. Though the store looks traditional, thanks to a Victorian storefront, the owners take pride in their umbrellas, using the latest frame technology and water-repelling fabrics. They also offer a wide variety of formal and casual styles, umbrella repairs, and an assortment of finely carved canes and walking sticks. A legendary store with unique ambience and high-quality products.

I myself recently purchased an umbrella from James Smith and Sons for the start of my new contract. I suggest you do likewise.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      The best umbrella company (by some margin) is James Smith and Sons, 53 New Oxford St, Hazelwood House, London.

Their famous shop has been selling umbrellas since 1830 and remains a family business. Though the store looks traditional, thanks to a Victorian storefront, the owners take pride in their umbrellas, using the latest frame technology and water-repelling fabrics. They also offer a wide variety of formal and casual styles, umbrella repairs, and an assortment of finely carved canes and walking sticks. A legendary store with unique ambience and high-quality products.

I myself recently purchased an umbrella from James Smith and Sons for the start of my new contract. I suggest you do likewise.
      real useful , thanks

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

I find that it is a waste of money to go overboard when buying a brolly. How many brollys do you get to own from purchase until end of life?

Someone once said "You never really own a brolly, you are just a custodian until the next person takes over."

I only end up buying new ones after I have left my previous brolly in a cab/pub/restaurant* delete as appropriate.

Comment

montpelier

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            montpelier
            I believe the question was asking about an umbrella company, not a dodgy off-shore tax scam (allegedly)?

Sorry - only joking, I'm sure they are lovely and only employ the lovliest, most gorgeous people

As for the OP - contractorumbrella seem to get a good rep around here, but I've never used them, or indeed any umbrella company.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I believe the question was asking about an umbrella company, not a dodgy off-shore tax scam (allegedly)?

Sorry - only joking, I'm sure they are lovely and only employ the lovliest, most gorgeous people

As for the OP - contractorumbrella seem to get a good rep around here, but I've never used them, or indeed any umbrella company.
              good point - does this thread refer to onshore umbrella or offshore?

Comment

why umbrella -- go for your own limited and be your own boss

Comment

Originally posted by sidknows View Post
                  why umbrella -- go for your own limited and be your own boss
                  Nah, the OP will either be inside IR35 or finds LtdCo too much effort...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Nah, the OP will either be inside IR35 or finds LtdCo too much effort...
                    you mean the thought of taking home more money and controlling what he actually earns would be too much for him

Comment

Working...
                    X